what type of tips are you getting this peak?

thedownhillEXPRESS

In my area the people I thought of as "cash poor" always give a gift or cash. As for the more affluent part of town, the most I got out of them was a comment "thanks for not damaging my box".

Agree..
The biggest tip I have received was from a family with a sick child and seemingly in the poor house, they were just very grateful for something simple I did for them.

While I have gotten the occasional tip from the "rich" folks, most of them seem like they want YOU to tip THEM!!

Here is one tip (pun intended), that I will share with the newbies, accept the tip and say thank you.
It would not be offered if they couldn't afford it, that is the best little bit of advice I have received.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Agree..
The biggest tip I have received was from a family with a sick child and seemingly in the poor house, they were just very grateful for something simple I did for them.

While I have gotten the occasional tip from the "rich" folks, most of them seem like they want YOU to tip THEM!!

Here is one tip (pun intended), that I will share with the newbies, accept the tip and say thank you.
It would not be offered if they couldn't afford it, that is the best little bit of advice I have received.

ACCEPTING TIPS IS AGAINST POLICY!! That said, I accept everything I can get, including booze. I just make sure I leave it at the stop and tell them that I will come back and get it after hours, because if they find it in my truck...I'm gone. I know of several managers who have some hooch in their personal cars, and when the fecal matter hits the fan, they disappear for a drive. My guess is gin or vodka, the preferred choice of functional alcoholics everywhere.

I wonder how many FedEx managers are alcoholics, and how many weren't one until they sold their soul to Satan Smith?

Last edited:

RTURNSONLY

I just make sure I leave it at the stop and tell them that I will come back and get it after hours, because if they find it in my truck...I'm gone.
Excellent point. At our station, it's extrictly prohibited to stop by your parked car after you return to building. They say is a "security issue". So, if you get caught, you will get canned.

whenIgetthere

My only tip so far this peak was from one of my busier stops who moved last week. My tip came from the boss who said to me "Make sure all our stuff goes to the new building next week". They moved to the next city over, to another route. After that comment, it all got to the right place after I rex'd every package the first day, and they got their stuff in the afternoon.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Excellent point. At our station, it's extrictly prohibited to stop by your parked car after you return to building. They say is a "security issue". So, if you get caught, you will get canned.

I already have a bottle of Jack Daniels and some nice wines. Luckily, my route isn't that far off my way home, and if the customer has gone home I have them stash it for me in the bushes.

thedownhillEXPRESS

At my station more people STOP at their cars before entering the building than vice versa.........

Years ago when we had some very high price luxury items vanishing they explicitly told us not to, but have heard nothing prohibiting it since..

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Just put them in a box and walk out like you own it.
Anyone here a fan of "The big bang theory" when Wolowitz had the "robot arm" stuck?

RTURNSONLY

At my station more people STOP at their cars before entering the building than vice versa.........Years ago when we had some very high price luxury items vanishing they explicitly told us not to, but have heard nothing prohibiting it since..
I hear you man. At our location, they're making us stop our vehicles, (company or personal), at the automatic electric gate every time we come in or leave the premises and having to wait for it to close completely. We are not even located at an airport and under FAA rules, but they posted big warning signs on both sides of the fence. To my that's a bunch of crap, but managers and security are known to sneak behind trucks and/or containers to catch whomever isn't complying. Some people had even gotten letters for driving right through without waiting for it to close.

Last edited:

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

We heard that a long time ago. I used to come back with all kinds of crap...mowers, bikes, weedeaters, chainsaws...gotta love trash day in the rich neighborhoods!...lol

whenIgetthere

I hear you man. At our location, they're making us stop our vehicles, (company or personal), at the automatic electric gate every time we come in or leave the premises and having to wait for it to close completely. We are not even located at an airport and under FAA rules, but they posted big warning signs on both sides of the fence. To my that's a bunch of crap, but managers and security are known to sneak behind trucks and/or containers to catch whomever isn't complying. Some people had even gotten letters for driving right through without waiting for it to close.

Sounds like my station, they just did the same thing. When my manager mentioned to me about not stopping when I left work in my personal vehicle, I told her I stop when I'm in the truck, but not when I'm in my own car on my time. End of story, heven't heard a peep since.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Sounds like my station, they just did the same thing. When my manager mentioned to me about not stopping when I left work in my personal vehicle, I told her I stop when I'm in the truck, but not when I'm in my own car on my time. End of story, heven't heard a peep since.

Same at my station. The main gate takes 42 seconds in each direction and a few of us kept track of how much time was going unpaid in our own vehicles, took it to HR, got the song and dance....took it to the State labor board over unpaid work for an hourly employee and haven't heard about it since.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Actually, I think that might be a Homeland Security rule not FedEx.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Our gate is broken and stuck open most of the time.
I better get on the horn to Homeland Security. Send in S.E.A.L. team 6!

SmithBarney

ACCEPTING TIPS IS AGAINST POLICY!! That said, I accept everything I can get, including booze. I just make sure I leave it at the stop and tell them that I will come back and get it after hours, because if they find it in my truck...I'm gone. I know of several managers who have some hooch in their personal cars, and when the fecal matter hits the fan, they disappear for a drive. My guess is gin or vodka, the preferred choice of functional alcoholics everywhere.

I wonder how many FedEx managers are alcoholics, and how many weren't one until they sold their soul to Satan Smith?

Not true, we actually just got "policy" in our mailboxes, it mustn't exceed a certain amount. And in some areas(not all) Booze is acceptable
but you must notify your manager that it is on board.(<-not sure I would, I'd probably just drop it off at home, on my stem in... ;) )