What will happen to the express Drivers....

Serf

A few short months from now Fedex Ground will cease to exist. Therefore, for all intents and purposes that contract is null and void.
Express is being brought into Ground. Not the other way around. For all the what ifs, I still kinda think they are going to succeed in doing anything they want to do.

bacha29

Express is being brought into Ground. Not the other way around. For all the what ifs, I still kinda think they are going to succeed in doing anything they want to do
According to the press release Express and Ground will be absorbed into the new Federal Express Corporation.

Lates

We were told ground would be taking P1s so won’t be much for express drivers to deliver. Seems like it’s time to bail if young enough to find something. Everyone saying it won’t happen in metro areas are mistaken. Why send two drivers to the same stop anywhere.

Gone fishin

We were told ground would be taking P1s so won’t be much for express drivers to deliver. Seems like it’s time to bail if young enough to find something. Everyone saying it won’t happen in metro areas are mistaken. Why send two drivers to the same stop anywhere.
I promise ground won’t take p1

vantexan

Hasn't FedEx copied UPS on various things over the years? More than likely they'll have Ground doing the bulk of the deliveries like UPS drivers but have a dedicated, lesser paid group doing priority air deliveries just like UPS. Except no one will be paid like UPS or have those benefits. Express couriers doing the air deliveries will be paid better than the same group at UPS but will likely work part-time hours. FedEx will be a duplicate of UPS without that messy union issue.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Hasn't FedEx copied UPS on various things over the years? More than likely they'll have Ground doing the bulk of the deliveries like UPS drivers but have a dedicated, lesser paid group doing priority air deliveries just like UPS. Except no one will be paid like UPS or have those benefits. Express couriers doing the air deliveries will be paid better than the same group at UPS but will likely work part-time hours. FedEx will be a duplicate of UPS without that messy union issue.
Or the pay, benefits and pension. Very messy.

Lates

They already are that’s how fedex is reducing its workforce by giving it to ground. Anyone who thinks their area is safe and it won’t happen is just burying their head in the sand. It may take longer to happen where you are but it is coming.