What you need to know about a potential UPS strike

dudebro

January 20th!
You still haven't explained why you think a potential strike, or strike threat in Jan or Feb (slowest time for UPS) is appropriate, rather than strike threat at UPS's heaviest time? I'm still waiting for your explanation as to why this is the appropriate time?
January isn't slow anymore (at least not the first half), which is why contract language has changed to allow peak casuals through mid January.

And the week of February 14th is a BIG air week due to Valentine's Day.

It might not be peak season, but the Union didn't give away all of their leverage, either.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
laughing.gif
Ole @rod did say a funny.

twoweeled

January isn't slow anymore (at least not the first half), which is why contract language has changed to allow peak casuals through mid January.

And the week of February 14th is a BIG air week due to Valentine's Day.

It might not be peak season, but the Union didn't give away all of their leverage, either.
No, it's not as slow as many years ago. But I guarantee, January-Feb is not as busy as November and December! Do we agree on that?

dudebro

No, it's not as slow as many years ago. But I guarantee, January-Feb is not as busy as November and December! Do we agree on that?
We do. I did say "it might not be peak season".

Maybe it's a sore spot for me as an ex-air planner, that my job would be crazy in Jan and folks would be telling me "I bet you're glad peak's over!". Um, nooooo.

twoweeled

We do. I did say "it might not be peak season".

Maybe it's a sore spot for me as an ex-air planner, that my job would be crazy in Jan and folks would be telling me "I bet you're glad peak's over!". Um, nooooo.
Sorry so late. Honestly, peak never affected me much. Everyone around me was running around like a chicken with it's head cutoff. Aside from that, very little change to me. If they left all the work on me - well I got a big fat check. If they took enough work off (and they always did, eventually), then it was business as usual. Win win, for me.