Whats so Bad about this Contract?

kingOFchester

No offense but you really have not been around long enough to go on record for anything.

Did you ever attend your unions contract review?

Your attitude has soured too much for someone new. You're letting the professional haters here and rumor mongers feed you bad information.

Oh really, trust me no offense taken. You have broken any respect that I automatically give people, and as a result I do not take offense since I do not get offended by people I do not respect.. Shame on me for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but it has worked for me for 30 plus years. Perhaps, yuo are the one who is sour about hourlys??? I do not know but by jumping on me and labeling me you certainly are projecting a sour spirit. As far as being around long enough.......I was not under the impression that you needed X amount of time in to share or state what I feel like. What is the time table for that??? but I digress.
As I have told you before.....I work 80+ hours a week. I have children. Unfortunately in my world I am unable to add hours to my day. so NO I didn't make it to any meetings.
I am not sour. I am happy...honored and excited to be working at UPS. I look forward to a great career at the brown. I am proud that I do what I do...yes even for 8.50 an hour. Does that mean I need to go around praising UPS all the time. In fact I am sitting here at my desk wearing a UPS shirt proudly. So I do not appreciate you saying something about me...especially when you judge me on just a few posts. Am I upset with some of the contract? Yes, and I want to express that. I do not appreciate the way you cast your labels at me or any fellow upser...management or not. I have never said management was evil. I clearly stated they have an agenda just as you...me....UPS and the union has an agenda.

Last edited:

sawdusttv

Oh really, trust me no offense taken. You have broken any respect that I automatically give people, and as a result I do not take offense since I do not get offended by people I do not respect.. Shame on me for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but it has worked for me for 30 plus years. Perhaps, yuo are the one who is sour about hourlys??? I do not know but by jumping on me and labeling me you certainly are projecting a sour spirit. As far as being around long enough.......I was not under the impression that you needed X amount of time in to share or state what I feel like. What is the time table for that??? but I digress.
As I have told you before.....I work 80+ hours a week. I have children. Unfortunately in my world I am unable to add hours to my day. so NO I didn't make it to any meetings.
I am not sour. I am happy...honored and excited to be working at UPS. I look forward to a great career at the brown. I am proud that I do what I do...yes even for 8.50 an hour. Does that mean I need to go around praising UPS all the time. In fact I am sitting here at my desk wearing a UPS shirt proudly. So I do not appreciate you saying something about me...especially when you judge me on just a few posts. Am I upset with some of the contract? Yes, and I want to express that. I do not appreciate the way you cast your labels at me or any fellow upser...management or not. I have never said management was evil. I clearly stated they have an agenda just as you...me....UPS and the union has an agenda.

King,
You just have to over look Tieguy, He is in management and it intimidates him when he runs into someone that is smarter than him, such as yourself.
I'll tell you a good way to handle Tieguy, that works GREAT for me.
Put him on your ignore list, it works great!!!!!:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
Mr. tie,
The contract states:
Part time employees covered by a Teamster Health and Welfare Fund will continue to be covered by those funds. (a) Notwithstanding Section 1(d) above, effective January 1, 2008 health and welfare coverage for
all part-time employees on the payroll at that time and those hired thereafter will be provided
pursuant to the terms of an Employer sponsored nationwide health care plan, namely, the UPS
National Health Plan for Part-Time Employees.
So I read that as to say if you have insurance now covered by the teamsters health and welfare you will remain in that plan. All other part timers on payroll but not yes receiving bennies will get their insurance thru UPS national health plan.
A FAR cry from what I was told when I elected to work for UPS

yep thats what I was afraid of. You're going to a new insurance plan. there are benifits to it including a prescription card which many part timers did not have before.

thats the insurance plan. has nothing to do with the acqusition of benifits. You will still acquire your medical benifits as you were told when you were hired.

So if your area is 90 for basic medical coverage and approximately 6 months for dental , prescription etc then that does not change with this contract.

It does change for those hired after the contract ratification date.

You really should make time to go to your locals contract review meetings.

kingOFchester

yep thats what I was afraid of. You're going to a new insurance plan. there are benifits to it including a prescription card which many part timers did not have before.

thats the insurance plan. has nothing to do with the acqusition of benifits. You will still acquire your medical benifits as you were told when you were hired.

So if your area is 90 for basic medical coverage and approximately 6 months for dental , prescription etc then that does not change with this contract.

It does change for those hired after the contract ratification date.

You really should make time to go to your locals contract review meetings.
Not to make you eat your words but you did say "you will get them as previously told." which is not the case...now is it? Where I am part timers had the same plan as the drivers. Perscription card and all. So as I said before, I am NOT getting what I was told. Period...end of story. Remember...I did not dispute when I would get them, just WHAT I was getting. I am not sure you understand, or at the least understood it the first time. If I told you that you just won a new Ferrari car, but then showed up with a VW.....I am sure you would see the diffrence. Still a car, but not the one you were promised. So I will let the origonal post that you tried to break apart and stand as it was. I hope you understand your hourlys better then you comprehend here. For their sake anyway....but then again, maybe you just bark orders and in that case you choose not to listen. Not that I have expereinced that.

One last thing....you keep telling me to go to the meetings....Wish I could.....but that doesn't change the contract. I understand the contract, as you can see, and really don't need a union head explain/sell it to me. If this contract goes in...then that is what will govern. Not what union or UPS says. understanding is a great gift.

tieguy

Banned
One last thing....you keep telling me to go to the meetings....Wish I could.....but that doesn't change the contract. I understand the contract, as you can see, and really don't need a union head explain/sell it to me. If this contract goes in...then that is what will govern. Not what union or UPS says. understanding is a great gift.

And thats why I keep telling you that you need to attend your locals contract review meeting so you can better understand the contract. The more you speak the more I honestly believe you don't understand the offer. How many different ways do I need to tell you the same thing?

diesel96

Diesel,

Once again, I must take a moment and address you. While it appears that you have the best intention in mind when you post, it is always the intention that draws my attention.

And once again for your long drawn out explanation of distorted assumptions, scenario's and what if's is getting very tiring and boring.

The post you quoted was clear and understandable. You READ too much into most posts and take them out of context. I really question your ability to comprehend what is really being said most of the time.

Talk about reading into a posts, your comprehension is blind and one sided.

Clearly, sawdusty is speaking in terms of "Industry Standards" based on the profitability of the largest company in the world in this industry.

Industry Standards set the bar for others to follow. Maybe you would like to have your feeder pay reduced to $22.00 an hour and your hours reduced to a 40 hour workweek so that the Shareholders can get the remaining part of your paycheck?

Maybe you'd like to see our fellow sleeper drivers making .41 cents a mile like the gypo's who are desperate for work just so the company can show a greater bottom line?

I'll tell you what, as a feeder driver on this board, offer to have your rate of pay reduced and set a standard for all of us to follow. Once you are on the record as willing to have your rate of pay reduced so the stockholders can get a bigger piece of the pie, then we will know you are serious.

Brownie, Your hypo-thetical anal-logy just wasted 30 secs of my life.

Who's interest are you looking out to protect? The shareholders?

You seem genuinely worried about the profitability and future of the company, and as I have said before, your "chicken little" impression is getting old.

Hopefully, you dont have that many years left on the clock, and the rest of us will continue to find ways to improve the "industry standards" for the future workers of UPS.
Contridiction!
you want to improve industry standards for the future of UPS, yet your not genuinely worried about profitability and the future of the co. You'd make a great Business leader..NOT

Until YOU personally are willing to take a sacrifice that you are asking the rest of the membership to take, then STFU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAVoQfoU0dQ
This link is dedicated to you Brownshark cause your not happy.

UPS is a great company with profits second to none. Its workforce is also second to none, why would you want the pay & benefits to be second to anyone?
Where did you read that from my post. Always talking trash and adding words to people's post.

UPS should and will always be the "industry leader" as long as the employees make it that way. We all work hard and give 100% each and everyday.

Sure there are some bad apples in the ranks, but moreso in the management ranks. I dont hear you calling any of them out.

There are more jokers pretending to be managers running this operation that cost this company millions of dollars each month than there are bad employees.

You generalize to much. Your obvisouly are to bias and full of hatred to be rational cause your having such a rough time out West supposedly.

You want to save the company money and improve its profitability?

Then invest your time in convincing the company to operate like its the largest company in the industry.

Dont ask "US" to subsidize the stupidity of its managers by asking the membership to pay for higher profits for the shareholders.

Youre begining to sound like an old coot.

Peace:peaceful:
I asked "Do you have a problem with UPS making a significant profit for it's shareholders and future security? And you write this essay on saving the Co money. Although sounds good for your area,but again does not represent the whole country, And was not what I ask for in the question.
Your starting to sound like a broken record

kingOFchester

And thats why I keep telling you that you need to attend your locals contract review meeting so you can better understand the contract. The more you speak the more I honestly believe you don't understand the offer. How many different ways do I need to tell you the same thing?
Tell me where I am wrong. We will go one point at a time:
  1. I will not be receiving the same insurance that I was told I was going to get.
  2. The insurance I will be receiving has more copays then the insurance currently offered to Part timers.
  3. New hires after contract will have to wait 12 months for individual (I know this does NOT include me)
  4. new hires dependents will have to wait 18 months. (I know this does NOT include me)
Keep in mind that we have a supplement where I am located. The copay for prescriptions is not the $10.00 that I will have to pay. So instead of spewing the same thing about going to a meeting tell me what I have wrong. If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it.

tieguy

Banned
One last thing.....points 3 and 4 are still bad, just because they don't affect me does not mean it will be good for the company.

I'm not here to educate you. You previously posted that even though you had a good working relationship with your management team that you did not trust telling them you would not vote for the contract. I then suggested you attend your unions contract review meeting and let them answer your questions. If that makes me rude or insulting or whatever so be it.

GSO_Dave

Said to 9c1
if you're listening and believing that kind of crap then you may be too gullible to be in management.
honestly from what I have read you should probably quit now. You do not sound like you are strong enough mentally to be a leader at ups.

I'd suggest the exact opposite, keep 9c1 and lose the tieguy!

Said to kingOFchester
No offense but you really have not been around long enough to go on record for anything.

Did you ever attend your unions contract review?

Your attitude has soured too much for someone new. You're letting the professional haters here and rumor mongers feed you bad information.

I'm not here to educate you. You previously posted that even though you had a good working relationship with your management team that you did not trust telling them you would not vote for the contract. I then suggested you attend your unions contract review meeting and let them answer your questions. If that makes me rude or insulting or whatever so be it.

IMHO, you're the "gullible" one tieguy, believing all the "pap" that your "tieguys" feed you like formula to a baby. Also, IMHO, you attempting to educate someone is laughable at best. All I've seen you do here is spout off company line after company line like it was gospel or something.

"Benevolent Dictator" - HA!

More likely a malevolent subject...

LOL

tieguy

Banned
Said to 9c1

I'd suggest the exact opposite, keep 9c1 and lose the tieguy!

Said to kingOFchester

IMHO, you're the "gullible" one tieguy, believing all the "pap" that your "tieguys" feed you like formula to a baby. Also, IMHO, you attempting to educate someone is laughable at best. All I've seen you do here is spout off company line after company line like it was gospel or something.

"Benevolent Dictator" - HA!

More likely a malevolent subject...

LOL

Lets be honest here. You have a crappy attitude. You talk about how things are bad in your building but yet use derogagotory references towards your management team. As its been said many times you have to give respect to get it. At this point you are such a sour employee that I would be more worried if you said anything positive about me. Therefore your insults are actually a compliment to me.

diesel96

OH MAN, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL POST!!!!!!!
Some of these guys have been brainwashed for so long they sound like management. I don't get it! The very management that is filling their heads with this crap are sitting back with their feet on their desk with their fat saleries and they are laughing their butts off at these dumb, gullible truck drivers.
You want to just grab these drivers by the ears and shake them while SCREAMING " WAKE UP!":biting::biting::biting:

Maybe if you get your head out of Brownshark's butt you might see and hear clearer. With this post,you remind me of the little puppy dog jumping around the big dog yelping kibbles and bits,kibble and bits, I wanna get me some kibble and bits.

Last edited:

kingOFchester

Well then my statement will stand as fact. I was told I was getting insurance A, but now I will be getting B. A was a better plan. Even when I was hired HR said to us ALL, that she wishes she had the Drivers/part timers insurance as it was better. You have had plenty of opportunities to correct me and show me that I was wrong. You failed miserably. This tactic, "I'm not going to show you" Is proof. You have lost all credibility with me, until proven otherwise. I will stack my proof against yours any day. Just show me.

As far as what makes you rude...insulting and a heck of a lot more ..here is what makes you rude:

tieguy said:
I think you're pretty freakin stupid

tieguy said:
Unfortunately you're too dumb to spell

tieguy said:
Had you gotten an education you would have understood

tieguy said:
get an education so

tieguy said:
by naming yourself A-hole.

tieguy said:
I don't sit around and whine like a little girl like you do

tieguy said:
Now if you're daddy....sorry forgot you don't know him....if you're momma had raised you right and not spent all her time running a holiday inn express between her thighs

That is what makes you rude. I only went back 48rs worth of posts.

kingOFchester

Now tieguy, me being a man, I would love nothing better then to put this to rest(the name calling and all that crap)
If you would like, I would love nothing more thn to discuss the insurance issue with you. Lets try to be civil and act like men part of a team. we are a team aren't we?
:peaceful:

sawdusttv

I asked "Do you have a problem with UPS making a significant profit for it's shareholders and future security? And you write this essay on saving the Co money. Although sounds good for your area,but again does not represent the whole country, And was not what I ask for in the question.
Your starting to sound like a broken record

Diesel,
While your theories on company profitability have good intentions, I must ask.
Why should we the hourlies be worried about it and leave management and their inflated saleries and benifit unchecked? If the people who run the company and its finances show no concern above suppressing our incomes, while leaving theirs in-tacked. Then that is a sign that there must not be a problem with UPS and its profitability other than what management wants you to believe. Now, when management starts taking pay cuts and pension cuts, then come and talk to us about being concerned with the companies well being. I'm sure we will be more understanding then!

BrownShark

Banned
You caught me,
I get a special bonus for listening to whiners.
You are lucky to sit at the table and see the pie being sliced up, by fedex, dhl and a host of other companies and catch some of the crumbs that fall to the floor.
The pie isn't getting bigger, but the slices taken out of it are getting thinner.

Looks like the slices are getting a little more expensive to eat satellite:

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- FedEx Corp. cut its earnings expectations for the fiscal second quarter and full year, citing soaring fuel costs and a troubled U.S. freight market.
Its shares sank nearly 5 percent in morning trading.
For the second quarter ending Nov. 30, the company expects to earn $1.45 to $1.55 per share, compared with a previous forecast of $1.60 to $1.75 per share. For the fiscal year ending in May, the company forecast earnings of $6.40 to $6.70 per share, down from a prior range of $6.70 to $7.10 per share.
Analysts polled by Thomson Financial had expected the company to earn $1.71 per share for the quarter and $6.87 per share for the year.
Fed Ex shares sank $4.77 to $96.60 in morning trading Friday after sinking to a 52-week low of $96.10 earlier.
"Since September, our fuel costs have increased more than 8 percent, or $85 million," said Alan B. Graf Jr., the FedEx chief financial officer. "While we have dynamic fuel surcharges in place, they cannot keep pace in the short-term with rapidly rising fuel prices."
"In addition, less-than-truckload freight trends in the FedEx Freight segment remain weak, despite economic signs that the decline in U.S. industrial production has hit bottom," he added. "We are taking prudent steps to reduce expenses, and are reviewing our capital investment plans for further reductions."

You, Diesel, Damuck,TIEDGUY and Rocky Blogue need to learn to improve your visionary tactics when predicting what the competition is doing.

Fedex is looking to CUT costs not EXPAND them in 2008.

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling" ......morons.

Strike? yeah whatever.

Peace

sawdusttv

Maybe if you get your head out of Brownshark's butt you might see and hear clearer. With this post,you remind me of the little puppy dog jumping around the big dog yelping kibbles and bits,kibble and bits, I wanna get me some kibble and bits.

Even though that didn't make any sense, it was mildly comical. Good try though!

Beck

I Dont Think Management Should Be A Member Of The Brown Cafe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!+ Thay Pay $250.00 A Month For There Health Care But Remeber Thay Make A Lot More Than A Driver Makes + All The Stock Thay Get Each Year .

:smart:

Best to be capable of viewing both sides yes. but also keep the general ratio of union workers Vs management on this site in mind... i greatly doubt you'll ever need to worry about the management flaming the living daylights out of some ones post.

From what I've heard in my short time at ups so far the up-coming contract was well thought out with multiple purposes in mind. if we need to give up a one time 4$ raise (seems to be the most argued issue) for something more important, is it not worth it? people need to look at the bigger picture and see each contract as a stepping stone to better the long run.

(as said above i am very new to teamsters and extremely interested in how everything works. so if there's something I'm misunderstanding here let me know.)

Damok

Looks like the slices are getting a little more expensive to eat satellite:

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- FedEx Corp. cut its earnings expectations for the fiscal second quarter and full year, citing soaring fuel costs and a troubled U.S. freight market.
Its shares sank nearly 5 percent in morning trading.
For the second quarter ending Nov. 30, the company expects to earn $1.45 to $1.55 per share, compared with a previous forecast of $1.60 to $1.75 per share. For the fiscal year ending in May, the company forecast earnings of $6.40 to $6.70 per share, down from a prior range of $6.70 to $7.10 per share.
Analysts polled by Thomson Financial had expected the company to earn $1.71 per share for the quarter and $6.87 per share for the year.
Fed Ex shares sank $4.77 to $96.60 in morning trading Friday after sinking to a 52-week low of $96.10 earlier.
"Since September, our fuel costs have increased more than 8 percent, or $85 million," said Alan B. Graf Jr., the FedEx chief financial officer. "While we have dynamic fuel surcharges in place, they cannot keep pace in the short-term with rapidly rising fuel prices."
"In addition, less-than-truckload freight trends in the FedEx Freight segment remain weak, despite economic signs that the decline in U.S. industrial production has hit bottom," he added. "We are taking prudent steps to reduce expenses, and are reviewing our capital investment plans for further reductions."

You, Diesel, Damuck,TIEDGUY and Rocky Blogue need to learn to improve your visionary tactics when predicting what the competition is doing.

Fedex is looking to CUT costs not EXPAND them in 2008.

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling" ......morons.

Strike? yeah whatever.

Peace

You're a trip, you really are. The discussion was about what FedEx had been doing since '97 and since you couldn't find any evidence to back up your claims and assumptions you go out and find an article which depicts the normal ebb and flow of a business cycle.

It's interesting that you come back with yet another feeble attempt to shore up your waning credibility with more personal attacks especially after you post about how we should take a break from these threads and have a happy holiday.

I really do feel sorry for you... you just can't handle anyone that doesn't think the way you do and can poke holes in the poor arguments you make based on assumption.

Nice try but I can't even give you an "A" for effort. You're fading.