When do you think the last supplement or rider will be settled?

When will the final supplement or rider get settled?

• End of the year

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Next Spring

Votes: 50 58.8%
  • Next peak season

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • When we are ready to negotiate the next contract

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • NEVER!

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • When the company reinstates thanksgiving day turkeys.

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters

brett636

Just thought I would solicit predictions from the Brown cafe community on when you believe the final rider or supplement will be settled. As we all know the longer it takes the bigger our backpay checks are going to be, but I believe its a foregone conclusion that they will be settled at some future date so lets predict when that will be!

InsideUPS

Just thought I would solicit predictions from the Brown cafe community on when you believe the final rider or supplement will be settled. As we all know the longer it takes the bigger our backpay checks are going to be, but I believe its a foregone conclusion that they will be settled at some future date so lets predict when that will be!

There is really no excuse why this should not be settled before the end of the year. In those areas that have settled their contract, are they receiving their wage increases? In the "old days", the holiday season represented an opportune time to negotiate. Now....it seems to mean nothing and people seem to be happy with a "retro" check in the future. UPS will be more than happy to hold on to your money, interest free until the next contract if you like.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The money is only "interest free" to us----don't think for a second UPS has not set aside funds, collecting interest, to pay our retro checks.

While the master and some of the supplements have passed, none of the financials will kick in until all of the supplements are passed.

I anticipate receiving a check in March or April of 2014. The check will go directly in to my Roth IRA.

upschuck

End of year is not going to happen, an agreement would have to be completed now, for the ballots to be mailed, with enough time to send them back in and counted by the end of year.

upschuck

The money is only "interest free" to us----don't think for a second UPS has not set aside funds, collecting interest, to pay our retro checks.

While the master and some of the supplements have passed, none of the financials will kick in until all of the supplements are passed.

I anticipate receiving a check in March or April of 2014. The check will go directly in to my Roth IRA.

That's my plan too.

I suggest you spend it on getting a hooker or something. Your really uptight. With that kind of money you could have your pick of the gentleman.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
UPS stock is at an all time, historic high. Paying retro checks will bite into Q4 earnings. I expect everything done and retro pay issued in Feb. or March when the profits from peak can offset the negative aspect of increased labor costs. Just my opinion.

bplppl

5 years ago we got a certificate for a turkey or ham of a specific name brand. Problem was that where I live, none of the grocery stores sold that brand. HA!

Nimnim

The Nim
I originally thought by the end of the year, but sometime in Sep I realized that wasn't going to happen so I've been thinking sometime around June it'll clear. If it happens earlier or later, well it doesn't really effect me much beyond the raise, mid senior PT ranks got nothing beyond raises, high senior got a promise of more ft, and new pt got a bump in starting wages. I'm just keeping track of my hours to ensure the retro check is accurate.

When do you think the first person who hasn't gotten their retro checks yet because Local 705 will be hashing out their version of the contract will start bitching?