When does telematics stop tracking your vehicle?

brostalss

Telematics is everywhere, it is all around us, even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window, or you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes.

Notretiredyet

Telematics is everywhere, it is all around us, even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window, or you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes.
That reminds me of an intro to the Outer Limits from years back. It would make a good episode, the evil ORION controlling the drivers every move from a cubicle in Atlanta.

oldngray

nowhere special
anatidaephobia_far_side.jpg

brostalss

That reminds me of an intro to the Outer Limits from years back. It would make a good episode, the evil ORION controlling the drivers every move from a cubicle in Atlanta.

It should remind you of a movie that came out in the early 90's. You may have seen it a few times. The Matrix.

Rebecca

Not sure with UPS but telematics does vary a lot. My understanding is that it tracks at all times but will just allocate the data to a different user when you punch out. If that wasn't the case you could punch out and carry on driving?

Been reading a couple of sources to understand the tech more like http://www.telematics.com/fleet-telematics/ and en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telematics
, it is not just used in cars apparently. I am thinking of getting a box for my insurance too.

McGee

Not sure with UPS but telematics does vary a lot. My understanding is that it tracks at all times but will just allocate the data to a different user when you punch out. If that wasn't the case you could punch out and carry on driving?

Been reading a couple of sources to understand the tech more like http://www.telematics.com/fleet-telematics/ and en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telematics
, it is not just used in cars apparently. I am thinking of getting a box for my insurance too.
The snapshot?? Most newer cars already have black boxes that will record the speed of your car ( if you ever happened to get into an accident), and maybe even the route that you took