When I Become KING of UPS....

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
and ill do it in one, you took that seriously.:wink2:

BTW, the university study was done at DUMB :censored2: U just in case you didnt get the whole picture. and if you take the time to translate the other words, you might find some other interesting tidbits as well. but that would involve thought processes........

d

Atatbl / Toady - Just for future reference? THAT was freakin hysterical.

Watching you chase your tail with this is equally amusing. However, it is now starting to feel like grade school, "making fun of the slow kid", which is not my type of humor, but yours. Take my advice - let it go, man.

atatbl

Atatbl / Toady - Just for future reference? THAT was freakin hysterical.

Watching you chase your tail with this is equally amusing. However, it is now starting to feel like grade school, "making fun of the slow kid", which is not my type of humor, but yours. Take my advice - let it go, man.

LOL. You are still under the impression your opinion will ever matter. How sad. I guess failing in your business hasn't taught you much. Take the knowledge I am giving you, your opinion doesn't matter. BTW, making fun of children with metal handicaps is about as low as a piece of human garbage can get. People on here have children and family with disabilities. Hypocrisy, "do you has it"? :)

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
LOL. You are still under the impression your opinion will ever matter. How sad. I guess failing in your business hasn't taught you much. Take the knowledge I am giving you, your opinion doesn't matter. BTW, making fun of children with metal handicaps is about as low as a piece of human garbage can get. People on here have children and family with disabilities. Hypocrisy, "do you has it"? :)

I go back to my statement regarding your problems with reading comprehension.....

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
BTW, making fun of children with metal handicaps is about as low as a piece of human garbage can get.

Ata

I could not agree with you more. problem is, i see people talking trash about their wives, or your coworkers wife, not much higher than that. it shows a deep seated lack of respect for someone else, which those you mention above take to an extreme.

but i would dare say you disagree. so we agree to disagree?

d

atatbl

Ata

I could not agree with you more. problem is, i see people talking trash about their wives, or your coworkers wife, not much higher than that. it shows a deep seated lack of respect for someone else, which those you mention above take to an extreme.

but i would dare say you disagree. so we agree to disagree?

d

I think you summed it up perfectly. Yes.

browniehound

This is incorrect. There are padded envelopes sold all over the place. UPS sells them at counters for ground shipping, for use instead of NDA envelopes. It's a smart way for UPS to make that couple extra bucks. They are weighed in pounds, true. To say there are no envelopes for ground is foolish though.

From what I understand is UPS doesn't supply "ground envelopes" to its customers. You can send an envelope ground but I believe this is foolish. Why not mail it for 47 cents instead?

If you are talking about an NDA envelope then you run the risk of being charged the NDA rate for using this envelope to ship a ground. It specifically says on the envelope that there are to used for NDA, 2-day air or international express or expedited services.

I never heard of this actually happening to our customers but I have heard the threat many times.

It still astonishes me when I see local grounds I deliver that could haven been sent for 47 cents instead of a few dollars that UPS charges. I guess some people don't care how they waste their dollars???

pkg handler

From what I understand is UPS doesn't supply "ground envelopes" to its customers. You can send an envelope ground but I believe this is foolish. Why not mail it for 47 cents instead?

If you are talking about an NDA envelope then you run the risk of being charged the NDA rate for using this envelope to ship a ground. It specifically says on the envelope that there are to used for NDA, 2-day air or international express or expedited services.

I never heard of this actually happening to our customers but I have heard the threat many times.

It still astonishes me when I see local grounds I deliver that could haven been sent for 47 cents instead of a few dollars that UPS charges. I guess some people don't care how they waste their dollars???

yes i ahve seen the yellow padded envelopes that ppl ship ground. I'm not sure why they don't just use the postal service for that

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We could start a whole thread of how some of our customers make foolish shipping decisions. I will give you a recent example. I pickup and deliver at the book store at our local SUNY college and they ship books to students prior to each semester. The lady in receiving and I will share a laugh when we see orders going to the next town being sent 2 day or even 3 day. The best (worst?) that we saw was a NDA SVR going to a consignee who lived 2 streets away from the bookstore. This was on a Friday before Labor Day so they would not have received it until the following Tuesday sometime in the afternoon. If memory serves the shipping was at least $50, probably closer to $75. I ended up delivering the same day as the street is very close to my area and I wanted her to get her books before school started.

About 60% of our delivery area has no commit time for premium services so I chuckle when I have customers who insist that they ship items to some of these towns using one of our air options. I once made a bet with a customer. This customer had to have a pkg in Lake Placid the following day (not time definite, just had to be delivered next day) and wanted to send it NDA. He was using the online shipping so I convinced him to void that shipment and resend the pkg ground with the bet being that he would pay me the difference if the pkg was delivered the following day as promised. I enjoyed my meal the following evening as his $20 paid for it. (We never did discuss what I would have to pay if the pkg had not made it there on time but I am glad that this did not become an issue.)

atatbl

I once made a bet with a customer. This customer had to have a pkg in Lake Placid the following day (not time definite, just had to be delivered next day) and wanted to send it NDA. He was using the online shipping so I convinced him to void that shipment and resend the pkg ground with the bet being that he would pay me the difference if the pkg was delivered the following day as promised. I enjoyed my meal the following evening as his $20 paid for it. (We never did discuss what I would have to pay if the pkg had not made it there on time but I am glad that this did not become an issue.)

Risky. Maybe not something I would advise. However, I bet you earned his patronage to UPS for as long as he is in business.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Risky. Maybe not something I would advise. However, I bet you earned his patronage to UPS for as long as he is in business.

I stepped over $20 to gain thousand$$.

Actually, it was a no brainer. I knew full well that the pkg was never going to leave the center but, just to make sure, I put it to the side and then gave it to the center manager to make sure it would be delivered the following day.

sx2700

Banned

It depends on the shipper. I had a small envelope shipped to me last week and my choice was 6.95 for UPS or 6.95 for USPS, guess which one I chose. If I'd chosen USPS I'd still be waiting for it.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
what astonishes me more than that is the attitude of many drivers that dont appriciate the fact that someone paid that extra money for that extra effort that many ups drivers dont make anymore. some do, but more and more they are becoming the minority?

d