When TA fails will we meet the July 31st deadline?

I hope this TA doesn't pass for its full of garbage, But in the case the TA does fail what is the process for a better TA, what is an estimated timeline for a new TA to be ratified, I want this tentative agreement declined, but would that mean no contract by July 31st?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Most likely it would mean no contract by July 31st and with the union leadership we have we wouldn't be striking. We would be working on an extension of another sellout.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It would be impossible for the contract to be settled by July 31st if it goes down in defeat. It would take the majority of July just to host meetings at every local to see what the problems were and how to correct them.

Then, all the locals would have to consult with each other and find a middle ground to work from.

Its clear, there is big divides amongst us an somehow, we have to come together and find a contract that fits all of us equally. "Pinning" one group of employees against the other is not a healthy policy and shame on the teamsters for allowing it to happen in the first place. Just look at these boards.

Listen to all the arguments between us all.

Somehow, removing the wedge that separates us will take longer than a few weeks to sort out. When that happens, the deadline will pass and we could possibly be on strike or LOCKED OUT.

I am uncertain if it will pass or not, but if it doenst, we in for trouble.

Peace

TOS

UPS Preloader

It would be impossible for the contract to be settled by July 31st if it goes down in defeat. It would take the majority of July just to host meetings at every local to see what the problems were and how to correct them.

Then, all the locals would have to consult with each other and find a middle ground to work from.

Its clear, there is big divides amongst us an somehow, we have to come together and find a contract that fits all of us equally. "Pinning" one group of employees against the other is not a healthy policy and shame on the teamsters for allowing it to happen in the first place. Just look at these boards.

Listen to all the arguments between us all.

Somehow, removing the wedge that separates us will take longer than a few weeks to sort out. When that happens, the deadline will pass and we could possibly be on strike or LOCKED OUT.

I am uncertain if it will pass or not, but if it doenst, we in for trouble.

Peace

TOS

I agree, but we won't go on strike or be locked out any time soon. It's doesn't benefit anyone. We would continue to work under the current contract until we can come to a resolution. If a resolution can't be made after a reasonable time, only then would a strike vote be considered.

beentheredonethat

I agree, but we won't go on strike or be locked out any time soon. It's doesn't benefit anyone. We would continue to work under the current contract until we can come to a resolution. If a resolution can't be made after a reasonable time, only then would a strike vote be considered.

If the contract isn't ratified then the winner is FDX.

For FDX Ground the following is ADV by year (In thousands)

2007 - 3,126
2008 - 3,365
2009 - 3,404
2010 - 3,523
2011 - 3,746
2012 - 3,907

So the difference over 5 years (From 2007 - 2012) is a 25% growth or an avg of 5% per year growth. (This does not include SmartPost).
FDX is already growing, giving shippers uncertainty of a contract will have shippers going to them at a greater rate. How many more teamster jobs would there be if we had almost 4 million more packages per day?

40 and out

Voting this down will mean more packages lost to Fed Ex and fewer routes and a longer wait to go full time. It is bad for lower seniority people but the teamsters never should have agreed to this concession filled agreement and put us in a position to vote this down.