Where did 2727 posts go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Yes, we have a Labor Forum where labor issues are discussed. The thread was originally posted in the wrong forum, so it was moved.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Yes, we have a Labor Forum where labor issues are discussed. The thread was originally posted in the wrong forum, so it was moved.

I don't actually see what the big fuss is all about.

Obi-Wan

Doesn't it show us "New Posts"?

No DOL, if a post is made under Labor Relations, it doesn't show a new post under the Recent Threads, because recent threads falls under UPS discussions, not Labor Relations. UPS doesn't want people to see how mechanics are being treated, that is why the thread was moved to or hidden under Labor relations. Out of site, out of mind. Merry Christmas to the Mechanics, we will just brush you asside for a another Peak Season, job security worries, no presents for the kids, not our problem we are losing money, wait are we???

No DOL, if a post is made under Labor Relations, it doesn't show a new post under the Recent Threads, because recent threads falls under UPS discussions, not Labor Relations. UPS doesn't want people to see how mechanics are being treated, that is why the thread was moved to or hidden under Labor relations. Out of site, out of mind. Merry Christmas to the Mechanics, we will just brush you asside for a another Peak Season, job security worries, no presents for the kids, not our problem we are losing money, wait are we???
OHHHHHBEEEEWOND....hate to break it to ya, what UPS does or doesn't like makes very little difference here. Well, unless they try to Stug someone, but that has nothing to do with this board's owner of mods. Get that stick outta ya......back.

P

pickup

okay , fair enough, what took so long to finally move the thread?Did someone wake up in the last week and say " Good Lord, we have an active thread that belongs in labor relations"?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
okay , fair enough, what took so long to finally move the thread?Did someone wake up in the last week and say " Good Lord, we have an active thread that belongs in labor relations"?

What??
It only took 4 and a half months and 1250+ post for this revelation to manifest itself.
To ask why now doesn't seem off base.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
And whats wrong with having an active thread in the Labor Forum? I didn't move it myself, although I had thought about it before. I thought it was originally interesting because our ground side of Brown doesn't hear much from the Airline side. The Local 804 Election thread was moved at the same time without any uproar.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Blame me, I'm the one that moved it. I also reorganized a few other threads but no one said a word about any thread move except the 2727 update thread.

For some reason moving that thread caused a couple of really vocal people to start attacking me, the mods and this website. I guess they feel that their labor issues are far too important to be discussed in the labor forum with the labor issues that the majority of UPSers want to talk about.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Take one of your wrenches and tighten your nuts! :wink2:

or if it is a loose screw use your screwdriver.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I just don't understand why it doesn't show up under "RECENT THREADS", when someone makes a post? It was nice and easy to follow the thread before and now it's hidden. Keep it under labor issues, but at least let it show up under the "Recent Threads", column on the left when someone makes a post.

LINK TO 2727
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/local-2727-update.256566/

Take one of your wrenches and tighten your nuts! :wink2:

I thought that it was more that he had a screw loose??

I have to admit that I never read on that thread. I am willing to bet that the majority of the posts actually had very little to do with negotiations but were insult ridden slams going back and forth. Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.