Where does the drivers back pay interest go

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There are only a handful of supplements and local agreement not passed. Some are and the rest will get last and file offers and then the company will implement them and they those locals can vote to strike of or not if not they take what they get in the last and final offer....

By the end of the year things will be wrapped up one way of the other... Either the local vote yes or the company implements the last and final offer... Forcing the local to only having the option to vote for a strike or not....
The company may have that option but it is an option.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I guarantee you that UPS would much rather have this contract settled and done with than be making interest off the back pay.

Rico

But the net effect is a positive since UPS is getting interest off the back pay.
Yes, but it has to kept it pretty much in a cash basis, since the company can't accurately perdict when it will have to pay out. So it might not be making much if anything, given what money market rates are these days.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yes, but it has to kept it pretty much in a cash basis, since the company can't accurately perdict when it will have to pay out. So it might not be making much if anything, given what money market rates are these days.
Last month when I sold some stocks, the money was in my account the next morning.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
So for our union local we were expecting a .80 hourly raise in august. With a average of 45 hours a week that would be a extra $40.00 times that by the number of weeks since the raise and that's $1280.00 per driver.
I'm guessing at the number of drivers, but if it's 200,000 full time drivers for the US. That would equal 256,000,000.00 at 5% interest that's 12,800,000.00 that the company will pocket whenever the contract gets settled.
So basically the company is making mad interest off of our back wage increase and then pocketing it. No wonder they don't want to settle.
And no this does not take into account compounding interest or part timer pay imcrease.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Scott Davis's pockets.