Where to Get Truck Driving Training to Pass the Pre-Hire Driving Test (Albany, NY)

LS Nerd

I heard someone suggest something like Craig's List. Pay someone a bit to learn stick from them.
Honestly, how I've learned/am learning lately is just stop->go->stop->go. That first gear is the hardest part! Luckily I had a friend that let me practice on their old pickup.
To get used to the size, you could try renting a U-Haul for a day. I don't think they have manuals, but you could at least get used to the size/weight of the vehicle, and such. I usually drive a Maxima, so the difference was pretty startling to me.

UrFellowUpser

I only drove a stick for 3 weeks back in 2012. It was a honda civic. And i was able to pass that road test down here in NC not long ago this year. They had me on I 85 and everything. Dude must really suck on a stick its not that hard man

I only drove a stick for 3 weeks back in 2012. It was a honda civic. And i was able to pass that road test down here in NC not long ago this year. They had me on I 85 and everything. Dude must really suck on a stick its not that hard man
Or the truck was that bad. We have some package cars on the fence that a 30 year seniority driver would have a hard time with. I know because as an Air exception driver, those cars are usually my only choice.