Who can help with a logo ? Dizzee, maybe ???

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, I came up with my winter self-employment plan today, and got 2 ads running as of an hour ago.
(one of them already got 7 hits) :)

See how it works out, but with winter just around the corner, I think I'll do ok.
Because some people don't drive or have lost their license.

If I get just 10 deliveries per day, that's $700 per week (minus gas), but plus free airmiles.
20 deliveries per day, and I got it made, and will be earning more then most of you ($1400 net per week), minus $100 gas, but probably another $200 or more on airmiles as an extra bennie for me :)

Home Grocery Shopping / Delivery

Hi, for all those that have no access to a vehicle or may be a bit handicapped, or simply hate to grocery shop.

I'm offering fresh Safeway home delivery for $10.00, including tax, per order.
$12 if stairs or elevators are being used to deliver to your door or temporary parking is inconvenient.

You only pay exactly the Safeway bill, not 1 penny more, besides the delivery charge.

I offer very convenient ways to order, too:

1) Thru the Safeway.ca website, browse the flyer online, and add your items to your shopping list, then e-mail me the page, along with other items that you might need in the "Notes section".

2)Send me your shopping list by e-mail

3)by fax

4)by phone

I know Safeway prices very well, and I'll give you an estimate on the total shopping bill, too.

Delivery is made by a Minivan in the cooler months, and by reefer van in the summer months to ensure the best quailty remains.

Pay upon delivery.

Serving the Edmonton area, but could expand into St Albert & Sherwood Park if enough cliental arises.

klein

Got my first client, I think, but need another 40 atleast to earn a living. Can't say I'm not trying !
Hopefully my new implemented referral reward system works out.
If I get into one apartment, and leave business cards behind, maybe others will follow ?
Our brutal upcomming winter will certainly help me out, as others won't want to take the bus or walk.

I would like to place an order with you soon here, perhaps Monday? I don't know if you work weekends... oh and I am located in Mill Woods right by the Millbourne Safeway, but that store is really limited to selection and stock.
So looking forward to doing business with you, and will keep in touch.
Thanks!!
Adrienne

03.gif

klein

Was out in Boonstock, again, this past weekend.
Was a last minute thing, and worked all alone in the V.I.P section.
Didn't have time to shoot any videos, but here are a few from youtube :

Boonstock 2012 - Sponsorship Video - YouTube

Boonstock 2012 - The Lineup - YouTube

I basically got called in during the 2nd day event to be there a.s.a.p. as they needed food in the VIP section !
I did ok, considering I missed out on a day and a half, and wasn't fully prepared.

klein

Dizzee !

I tried to get your logo printed up at the UPS store today.
It's too small in size (resolution) to print out a decal or poster.

Think you could e-mail me a full sized logo , please ?

And, if I earn good money on my largest event ever (2nd weekend in August) the Caribbeanfest (80.000 attendance and only 10 food vendors), downtown Edmonton - I'll send you something nice :)

Klein

klein

Well, had to take a day off from Capital Ex (Edmonton's Summer fair) for this :

Hi Cariwest Food Vendors:

The production manager, Jim Bob and myself are arranging a vendor meeting with all the Food Vendors on July 26th. This should have already been communicated to you but I'm not sure if all have received the following information so I'm sending it again. This is a very important meeting for all food vendors. I would like vendors to make their best effort to make it – so please consider this meeting mandatory.

Here are the details:
Title: Vendor Information Session
Participation: Mandatory
Time: 3:30pm
Discussion:

• Positive and Negatives from last year's festival
  • Vendor setup & teardown schedule
  • Alberta Health Services – Procedures and Expectations
  • Alberta Health Services – Onsite Inspection
  • Alberta Health Services – Vendor Info Form
  • General Guidelines for all food vendors
  • Vendor Coordinator – Angie Ewanchuk
  • Q&A

Please reply to me directly to confirm your attendance.

upsgrunt

You took a whole day off for a 15 minute meeting that started at 3:30???????
And why would anyone on here want, or need, to know it?

klein

It's almost 2 am, and I can't sleep, even though I need to get up in 4 hrs.
Another huge day tomorrow.
I'm experimenting with more than just hot dogs - more like a restaurant on wheels !
My menu for tomorrow :

Page 1:

German Bretzel : $2.50
Wieners :
German Bockwurst on a bun $.4.50
German Bockwurst with hot Sauerkraut on bun : $5.00
German Curry Wurst
(cut up Bockwurst with Curry ketchup and bun) $5.50
All Alberta Beef 8" Jumbo hotdogs $4.50
Hot jalepeno 4 cheese smokies $4.50
Cheese dogs
(added schredded cheddar cheese, any kind of wiener/smokie) $5.50
BLT dogs
(bacon, lettuce, tomatoe, any kind of wiener/smokie) $6.00
Bockwurst Plate :
1 Bockwurst, Sauerkraut, & small tossed salad with bun: $8:00
Bockwurst Plate Deluxe:
2 Bockwurst, Sauerkraut,small tossed salad, 1 bun & 1 bretzel, German mustard/curry ketchup $12.50
Extras:
Hot German mustard or Curry ketchup: 50 cents portion.

Page 2: 

Menu :

Chicken Kabob $5.50 or 2 for $10.00
Chicken Kabob with Cabbage rolls & Salad $10.00
Chickenbreast on Kaiser bun
(w. Cucumber, lettuce, tomatoe) $7.00
Smoked German Porkchop, bun, Salad or Kraut $ 9.00
Paprika Chickenbreats, Cabbage rolls, Salad $13.00
Smoked German Porkchop & Kraut, salad, bun $12.00
Smoked porkchop,Kraut, Cabbage rolls, salad $15.50
German Plate: 1 chop, 1 Bockwurst, Kraut, cabbage rolls, bun $17.00
German Plate Deluxe: 1 chop, 1 Bockwurst,
Kraut, cabbage rolls, salad, bun & bretzel $19.50

Tossed Salad
(lettuce, tomatoe, onion, cucumber) sm: $3.00/ Lg $ 5.00

Extras:
Hot German mustard or Curry ketchup: 50 cents portion.
Cabbage roll: $1.50 each
Extra Chicken Kabob or porkchop : $5.00

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
If I'm spending $19.50 for food, it's going to be at a sit-down restaurant with cloth napkins......................not at a cart!

klein

$19.50 won't buy you much in a Canadian restaurant, it wouldn't even be worth visiting a restaurant with only $20 in your pocket.

Anyways, had quite a good day yesterday, except 1 food vendor spoiled it for everybody else.
Even though we got an e-mail in advance not to charge less than $3.00 a pop, this iddiot was selling bottled water, pop, and even food for half it's value.
Luckily, the organizers have taken notice, and "idiot" will never be welcome back.
Atleast next year, his line-ups will be going mostly to me now.
Compared to last year, my sales were down 40% - 45%, because of him. ($5000, compared to only $2800 this year).

Sorry to bother you all again!

We have one vendor attending who is a rootbeer vendor - they only sell the drink and have no 'meal' items on their menu. I am asking all the vendors who will be bringing pop to please be courteous and raise their drink prices to $3 to allow the rootbeer vendor a fair chance at selling his product. If the other vendors are selling their drinks for $1 a can, and he is selling for higher, he will not have the same shot that everyone else has to sell a unique item. Since everyone is working together to make this a successful event, and I do my best to guarantee that only one food type is attending to give everyone a fair shot at making money, please be respectful of other vendors.

Thanks,

Caitlin

"Idiot" didn't even listen - and btw - rootbeer guy was chocked, too ! Even the Mini Doughnut lady was complaining about him !
OH well, it's Karma - he won't be back ! :)

moreluck

golden ticket member
$19.50 for a meal for one will get you about anything at Olive Garden, Outback, Chili's , Macaroni Grill, South of the Border, El Toritos and Claim Jumper and restaurants like that.
Both of us eat breakfast for less than that at IHOP when we go......always have the 'free stack' coupon because we filled out the survey from the visit before.

klein

Yeah, I know it's much cheaper there, and if I wanted to dine in for $19.50 I would need to go to the USA or Mexico or some other South American country.
For $20 I might get a dozen chickn wings at a bar here with a beer, and that would even be cheap !

It's around $7.00 for a beer and $4.00 for a pop at a resturant here alone.
If you're really cheap - ask for water instead.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Klein, you are full of crap. You most certainly can get a full sit down meal for $20 or less in Canada. Do the names "Nickels" and "Le Cage aux Sports" ring a bell?

BTW, what Caitlin was asking the vendors to do is called "price fixing" and it is illegal. If root beer dude wants to sell his sodas for $1 there is no law saying he can't do so.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yeah, I know it's much cheaper there, and if I wanted to dine in for $19.50 I would need to go to the USA or Mexico or some other South American country.
For $20 I might get a dozen chickn wings at a bar here with a beer, and that would even be cheap !

It's around $7.00 for a beer and $4.00 for a pop at a resturant here alone.
If you're really cheap - ask for water instead.

Things are so much better when they don't involve "drinks".

klein

Klein, you are full of crap. You most certainly can get a full sit down meal for $20 or less in Canada. Do the names "Nickels" and "Le Cage aux Sports" ring a bell?

BTW, what Caitlin was asking the vendors to do is called "price fixing" and it is illegal. If root beer dude wants to sell his sodas for $1 there is no law saying he can't do so.

Well, I might invite one of my helpers to a steak dinner today, at Tony Roma's .
No steak under $20 there, and it's just a casual diner.

And no, it's not price fixing and against the law !
This is their very own event, as if you held a huge large wedding with serveral bars in and outside the hall.
And you would ask every bar to serve beer at atleast $4.00 each.

If you are holding an event - for damn sure you should have the rights to set your own prices and don't have a spoiler coming in and taking away business from others that relied soley upon those prices and hired enough staff to keep up with demand (all free of charge - hoping to earn a buck).

$19.50 won't buy you much in a Canadian restaurant, it wouldn't even be worth visiting a restaurant with only $20 in your pocket.

Anyways, had quite a good day yesterday, except 1 food vendor spoiled it for everybody else.
Even though we got an e-mail in advance not to charge less than $3.00 a pop, this iddiot was selling bottled water, pop, and even food for half it's value.
Luckily, the organizers have taken notice, and "idiot" will never be welcome back.
Atleast next year, his line-ups will be going mostly to me now.
Compared to last year, my sales were down 40% - 45%, because of him. ($5000, compared to only $2800 this year).

"Idiot" didn't even listen - and btw - rootbeer guy was chocked, too ! Even the Mini Doughnut lady was complaining about him !
OH well, it's Karma - he won't be back ! :)

So Rootbeer guy, instead of bringing a superior product to justify it's cost, instead crys to the vendor committee to ask all the vendors to "please be COURTEOUS and raise all drink prices to $3". The theme I guess is instead of working hard for sales just ask for a subsidy at the expense of the public. Is Caitlin a German immigrant like you also? Out to undermine the Canadian way of life and give us true Canadians a bad name?