Who else can’t wait for revolution/civil war ?

vantexan

I don’t think Walmart unionizing would necessarily Drive prices up. They’re mostly lower prices are based on volume buying and Chinese junk. Costco is a great example of a heavily unionized company and the ones that aren’t union pay just as much.
So paying more and giving better benefits to half a million workers won't cut into their profits?

Thebrownblob

Target's app is super slick and they've got a great rewards program and return period. I'm not strong enough to cut out any company that's anti-union.
I’m not suggesting you should or shouldn’t someone was saying we should boycott Walmart but when you turn around and shop at target, you’re really not doing much better if that’s your goal.

Thebrownblob

So paying more and giving better benefits to half a million workers won't cut into their profits?
It might put that doesn’t mean they have to exorbitantly raise their prices, might make the executives take a little less. But that’s up to the Walmart Employees to decide. Again, Costco is great example. We have a friend who has worked there for about 10 years makes close to $30 an hour. Has really good benefits and retirement package..

Box Ox

Target's app is super slick and they've got a great rewards program and return period. I'm not strong enough to cut out any company that's anti-union.
I’m not suggesting you should or shouldn’t someone was saying we should boycott Walmart but when you turn around and shop at target, you’re really not doing much better if that’s your goal.

It's not. There's still so much to prefer about Target relative to Walmart. :)

Thebrownblob

It's not. There's still so much to prefer about Target relative to Walmart. :)
I’ve never been a fan of target so I can’t say. Occasionally we shop at Walmart, but we do the bulk of our grocery and big ticket items at Costco. We rounded up with the local grocery store and occasionally ALDIs

vantexan

It might put that doesn’t mean they have to exorbitantly raise their prices, might make the executives take a little less. But that’s up to the Walmart Employees to decide. Again, Costco is great example. We have a friend who has worked there for about 10 years makes close to $30 an hour. Has really good benefits and retirement package..
Wal-Mart already sells at reasonable prices to attract customers. If their costs go up they'll pass that along to consumers to maintain profits. Which means it'll be that much tougher to compete with Amazon. Costco competes with Sam's Club, BJ's, and similar.

Thebrownblob

Wal-Mart already sells at reasonable prices to attract customers. If their costs go up they'll pass that along to consumers to maintain profits. Which means it'll be that much tougher to compete with Amazon. Costco competes with Sam's Club, BJ's, and similar.
Walmart definitely competes with Costco even if it’s indirectly because it’s a club. Since I buy most of my groceries at Costco, I don’t shop at Walmart for groceries, ever we do occasionally go there because it is closer to our house and open later.

Box Ox

I’ve never been a fan of target so I can’t say. Occasionally we shop at Walmart, but we do the bulk of our grocery and big ticket items at Costco. We rounded up with the local grocery store and occasionally ALDIs

Not a big fan of Target myself. Just a preference over Walmart. Definitely a Costco fanboy. Only interested in Sam's Club for their badass Member's Mark TP.

Target is a little bit higher end and their prices reflect that. Especially their grocery prices compared to Walmart.

I stick to the ol' grocery store for most of the food.

Thebrownblob

Not a big fan of Target myself. Just a preference over Walmart. Definitely a Costco fanboy. Only interested in Sam's Club for their badass Member's Mark TP.

I have to take my wife to Costco with me I end up with things I have no business buying when I go by myself. 😂

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Never understood grocery shopping in a Walmart. I’ll stick to Safeway