Why did Ken H resign as UPS Package Director, Local 175 & JC 94?

LeadBelly

Banned
Are you saying the West "carve out" has a secret summary plan description?

All I'm asking, if anybody can get past TU or TDU rhetoric, is how can a plan with far less participants, achieve superior or parallel benefits, and why was it permitted?

I am not claiming to know these answers, but am admittedly skeptical.
Im not saying anything about TU or TDU right now at all bubble. I'm over that stuff. My guys won. All the people I'm loyal to at doing fine. I'm not politicking on here. I'm just discussing things and trying to make the teamsters and our contract better. We have a big contract coming in 2018. We all need to get to work.

Time to put the Team back in Teamsters.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Im not saying anything about TU or TDU right now at all bubble. I'm over that stuff. My guys won. All the people I'm loyal to at doing fine. I'm not politicking on here. I'm just discussing things and trying to make the teamsters and our contract better. We have a big contract coming in 2018. We all need to get to work.

Time to put the Team back in Teamsters.
Yea, sure, whatever.
I don't recall quoting you as saying any such thing?
I've heard enough of your endless loop.

LeadBelly

Banned
Same thing can happen in teamcare... The same healthcare that has a pension that is failing... Sorry but I'll take what I have... BTW, are healthcare in local 177 is improving.
Teamcare has 23 months of reserves if I remember correctly. I hope the Carve out does well as well. I hope we all flourish.

It's simple economics.
How can a better plan be purchased with less participants?
Why was it allowed in the first place?
Healthcare is a business... You can make a lot of money if you have a group of members... That's why the company loved giving us healthcare for years... They made a ton of money... Then Obamacare came and the company got scared... Then Obamacare didn't do much to healthcare as a business (I bet the company regrets giving it up)... So local 177 is good... Unfortunately CS doesn't know how to do well as a business... Sorry to all in that plan... Good luck!

10 Pt

That sounds like lunacy. A full timer not able to bump? Full timers laid off? Crazy!
Are you serious?
We have full timers (on call) laid off every week. Unfortunate for the off the street hires who bump in and get the starting pt time wage. Welcome to UPS.

5habits100

Are you serious?
We have full timers (on call) laid off every week. Unfortunate for the off the street hires who bump in and get the starting pt time wage. Welcome to UPS.
Take a look at Article 3, Section 6 of the CRT. That language changed in 2002. They are under paying your guys if what you are saying is accurate.