Why did Ken H resign as UPS Package Director, Local 175 & JC 94?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Make a proposal this year to change your local seniority practice. The one punch rule will stay that way as it should. People should have to work one day a week for what they get.
Good in theory, but the execution of my (our) eboard negotiating anything scares the hell out of me. (you still pretending to be in my Local?)
I wouldn't be adverse to doing away with our seniority application all together and going exclusively with what's provided for in Article 3 of the Central Region Supplement.
It has become painfully obvious over the years that neither the state or regional panels intend to rule on any grievances brought forward involving our local seniority application....."referred back".

5habits100

Good in theory, but the execution of my (our) eboard negotiating anything scares the hell out of me. (you still pretending to be in my Local?)
I wouldn't be adverse to doing away with our seniority application all together and going exclusively with what's provided for in Article 3 of the Central Region Supplement.
It has become painfully obvious over the years that neither the state or regional panels intend to rule on any grievances brought forward involving our local seniority application....."referred back".
It's because they can't. They didn't negotiate it.

If you get enough members to submit proposals I think they would have to take it serious.

Would you vote for the CR if they got rid of 17 I and you got the right to bump on a layoff?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They have a local rider that has been in place for years that gave them local bidding rights but they gave up bumping rights to get it.
That's the Company's position anyway, and the Local to date just accepts that.
I believe there is an argument(s) to be made, but no one seems to want to make them.
Check the dockets if you question this notion.
See how many grievances have been taken to the panel, aside from discharge mercy cases?

5habits100

I believe there is an argument(s) to be made, but no one seems to want to make them.
See how many grievances have been taken to the panel, aside from discharge mercy cases?
The panel should not rule on a rider they didn't negotiate.

What about the question I asked

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's because they can't. They didn't negotiate it.
The panel should not rule on a rider they didn't negotiate.

What about the question I asked
That's at the very least a cop out, but if actually true and "they can't", shouldn't any bonafide dispute then be subject to arbitration?
What a convenient notion for the Company ("they can't"), who immediately challenges all language supposedly negotiated "in good faith, before the ink is even dry on the signatures.
If you get enough members to submit proposals I think they would have to take it serious.
Perhaps, but I suspect it will be just me and unpopular in the feeder department.
Would you vote for the CR if they got rid of 17 I and you got the right to bump on a layoff?
Absolutely, and I have no chance of being laid off.
Come on answer the question.
Dude, really???
I'm happy to answer your questions, on my time.
I have a real life, outside of this virtual world.

Last edited:

5habits100

That's at the very least a cop out, but if actually true and "they can't", shouldn't any bonafide dispute then be subject to arbitration?
What a convenient notion for the Company ("they can't"), who immediately challenges all language supposedly negotiated "in good faith, before the ink is even dry on the signatures.

Perhaps, but I suspect it will be just me and unpopular in the feeder department.

Dude, really???
I didn't say there shouldn't be an avenue to resolve the issue. The panel usually won't. I have had several grievances involving local agreements that were referred back. I'm not saying I agreed with their decisions.

You don't have a life outside BC

LeadBelly

Banned
Informative

LeadBelly

Banned

Dude, really???
Informative unfriendly

Where I live my pay and benefits put me at over twice the median household income. This is without my wife working. My benefits are better that 98% of Americans. I don't need what you have as I have already gained a good life. I'm happy for you and what you have. Congratulations.
All your representatives had to do was agree with local 177 and the west coast guys and you would have even better... I don't know about you but if I can get something better that is effortless to get (when I mean effortless, just jump on board)... You would have to be crazy to say no to that.

LeadBelly

Banned
All your representatives had to do was agree with local 177 and the west coast guys and you would have even better... I don't know about you but if I can get something better that is effortless to get (when I mean effortless, just jump on board)... You would have to be crazy to say no to that.
I have no issues with Teamcare. My wife has had major surgery plus had two healthy children and no out of pocket expenses. I have a deductible of 400 whole family and it's not going to hurt me at all. Life's good.