Skipping lunch? No other way to do that, I don't care how hard you work.

Since skipping meal time is a violation, are they falsifying records?
Take 20 minutes to relax and eat a sandwich. How much of a break do you need when you start at 9AM and finish by 4PM. Home in time for a shower and a beer before supper.

542thruNthru

Lol I would never do that. However, I will leave the green light unchecked until my lunch is over.

Here you don't get a choice. You take a lunch and the board locks.

Diad only shuts down when you put a lunch in your board. We get 2 options (30 min, 60 min). You can end lunch at any time. You still don’t have to take a lunch.

Here we have to finish our lunch. If you stop it you will be required to start it over again.

1458855321704-881492036.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Skipping lunch? No other way to do that, I don't care how hard you work.

Since skipping meal time is a violation, are they falsifying records?
I'm 59 years old and usually run about an hour bonus a day. Don't run, skip lunch or breaks. Just drive around a lot following ORION.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Last week during our PCM our center manager said that "volume was down but stops were up" so a few routes needed to be broken out.

I go in the next day and look at dispatch numbers and the lightest route had a 9.25 plan and heaviest route at 12.5.

For our center that turned out to be roughly 90hrs of OT for 1 day.

So what is the logic for breaking out routes because volume is down?
Customers pay by the package not by the stop.

dudebro

Almost a decade later and it didn't only stay it got worse. Much worse.

What they are asking now is simply unattainable in most cases. Routes that were once considered swamped with 80 stops now go out with 80 minimum.
You're right. 36 bucks an hour was an overtime rate 10 years ago and now it's the top straight time wage rate. How could that be, right?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You're right. 36 bucks an hour was an overtime rate 10 years ago and now it's the top straight time wage rate. How could that be, right?
Overtime rate was over $40 an hour 10 years ago. Nice try though. Also it's called raises. Just like the company raises prices every single year.

Driver pay is up 25% or so. Profits are up at least 100%. Dividend about 100% too. Didn't look up the numbers but I'll bet stock buyback numbers are up too.

Last edited:
In 2008 RTE 1A worked the following:

140 Delivery stops
300 Delivery pcs
25 P/U Stops
125 P/U pcs
65 miles daily

You must increase Stops Per Car (SPC) because route 1A needs to have the same delivery pcs or more vs last year. You reach this number by putting more stops on a car. Most business are not getting the same amount of packages as last year. Shipper C only getting 20 daily instead of 50 vs last year.

2009 RTE 1A

152 Delivery stops
300 + delivery pcs
30 P/U stops (because 1b is cut out)
97 P/U pcs
79 miles daily

If SPC does not meet plan prior to dispatch. Routes are cut until plan is reached. Not saying I agree but this is how it works.
What is it now, in 2018?

dudebro

Overtime rate was over $40 an hour 10 years ago. Nice try though. Also it's called raises. Just like the company raises prices every single year.

Driver pay is up 25% or so. Profits are up at least 100%. Dividend about 100% too. Didn't look up the numbers but I'll bet stock buyback numbers are up too.

That's right. My point is, all that beautiful cashflow into the economy is enabled by greater productivity.

dudebro

For a person's capacity for daily volume of work, yea. This is why the rumors we've heard about different pay rates for different drivers, etc. Ideally, profits, wages, and prices will all continue to rise, and if one has to remain stagnant, hopefully that's prices.