Why is my grievance taking so long

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Maybe he was just being polite.. not every sup is out to get you. and not every sup is concern about making numbers.. he's an employee just like you. whether you think he's taking "your money" like really 2 or 3 minutes does it really matter? If that's how you feel then apparently your money hungry ...and apparently you need another job if that's your mind set. Some union workers wants the cake and eat it 2. You can tell me oh " 2-3 minutes" adds up... really ? ok what about when employees take personal break for ex. Getting some coffee or smoking a cigg. etc. That adds up to but you dont see a management person saying hey that's 2-3 minutes your stealing from the company.
Don't tell me what I need and don't need. Go back to your hole and stick your head back in the sand. Piss off.......................

jace1319

Are you crazy, lower management and petty sups like you are constantly whining about employees "stealing time". I don't know where you work, but it is most likely not UPS, or one that most of us know.

You mean not the UPS in your building .. its understandable your not in my building .......so speak for yourself... and no actually its the other way around ...i do time cards everyyyyyday.. and everyday..( never fails ) i have someone come up to me talking about im missing 1 minutes -_-.. like reallly???? 1 minute?????? pathetic.. Get another job!

Inthegame

You mean not the UPS in your building .. its understandable your not in my building .......so speak for yourself... and no actually its the other way around ...i do time cards everyyyyyday.. and everyday..( never fails ) i have someone come up to me talking about im missing 1 minutes -_-.. like reallly???? 1 minute?????? pathetic.. Get another job!
Unless you're in a very large facility, there's no way you get questions on shortages everyday. If you're doing time cards and getting questioned on shortages, it proves your incompetence. What amazes me is the number of "shortages" never match the number of "overages" which would be the normal result if these were simple errors, and yet we're told this company is built on integrity.

you must be on your monthly LOL
Keep making cracks like this publicly and see how long you last at UPS. Better yet, mention that to your female superior in management and see if you last the day.

whiskers

So you think that employee doesn't deserve the 1 minute that they worked? They earned that and by not giving it to them you ARE stealing from them, regardless if it only one minute. In one of your other posts you mention that "This company was built on integrity", don't you forget that. Maybe YOU should get another job. It sure sounds like you are not fit for the one you have.

jace1319

So you think that employee doesn't deserve the 1 minute that they worked? They earned that and by not giving it to them you ARE stealing from them, regardless if it only one minute. In one of your other posts you mention that "This company was built on integrity", don't you forget that. Maybe YOU should get another job. It sure sounds like you are not fit for the one you have.

This is starting to get annoying ..to come across babies that you have to break everything into layman terms. Of course i know what i said.. Integrity doesn't define perfection or does it? We're all humans we make mistakes .. of course you didn't know that..By you questioning my integrity your implying that i intentionally falsified or "steal" time from someones time card. I'm pretty sure that's not that case and yes its a very big building with more then 100 employees working per shift. And no I'm not incompetent otherwise i wouldn't be working in ups now would i? It's pretty common sense.

( inthegame )

Unfortunately i have no female superior plus there's lack of communication in management and that's just another story that i wont get into.

and last but not least ( whiskers ) how exactly do you figured that they worked that 1 last minute? AS A FACT.. it takes approximately 2 minutes after their asked to punch out to actually punch out.. So please tell me how you calculated that? and please this goes for any future posts if you do not know what the he!!! your talking about then don't even embarrass yourself !

anonymous4

There is a large gap between unattainable perfection and calling people whiners for having something stolen from them. It is quite clear you lack something major Jace. If this is truly your genuine persona I am so, so sorry you were dealt this deck of cards. Completely oblivious too...

whiskers

By you questioning my integrity your implying that i intentionally falsified or "steal" time from someones time card. I'm pretty sure that's not that case and yes its a very big building with more then 100 employees working per shift. And no I'm not incompetent otherwise i wouldn't be working in ups now would i? It's pretty common sense.

and last but not least ( whiskers ) how exactly do you figured that they worked that 1 last minute? AS A FACT.. it takes approximately 2 minutes after their asked to punch out to actually punch out.. So please tell me how you calculated that? and please this goes for any future posts if you do not know what the he!!! your talking about then don't even embarrass yourself !

See post #22 of this thread. You say you do time cards every day and every day someone is shorted. Yes for this problem to occur everyday you are either incompetent, or intentionally shorting these employees.

I think you are just a troll, and i'm done with this.

BrOWn ReCLusE

Management should not be doing Union work. It's important for both entities to recognize and respect each others positions and demands and expectations. A Union employee continually, blatantly does not follow proper methods, he/she is addressed by management. Management continually, blatantly does not follow terms of Master Agreement, steward is accessed and he/she (supervisor/manager) is addressed. Always best to keep Union employee/Management issues "downstairs" and handle them maturely and respectfully "on the work floor." If this form of procedure does not work, THEN, use the next form of motion to advance your concerns to make change happen. Documentation of events is a tool to help make change, for Union and UPS. Communicating concerns with UPS management in your facility is a great way to build a relationship on respect. It won't always work but it's worth trying first and maybe second and third, too. Good luck.

whiskers

Management should not be doing Union work. It's important for both entities to recognize and respect each others positions and demands and expectations. A Union employee continually, blatantly does not follow proper methods, he/she is addressed by management. Management continually, blatantly does not follow terms of Master Agreement, steward is accessed and he/she (supervisor/manager) is addressed. Always best to keep Union employee/Management issues "downstairs" and handle them maturely and respectfully "on the work floor." If this form of procedure does not work, THEN, use the next form of motion to advance your concerns to make change happen. Documentation of events is a tool to help make change, for Union and UPS. Communicating concerns with UPS management in your facility is a great way to build a relationship on respect. It won't always work but it's worth trying first and maybe second and third, too. Good luck.

Great first post! stick around, I would like to hear more of your wisdom.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
There is a large gap between unattainable perfection and calling people whiners for having something stolen from them. It is quite clear you lack something major Jace. If this is truly your genuine persona I am so, so sorry you were dealt this deck of cards. Completely oblivious too...
:rofl:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What is pathetic is that you couldn't get their time "right" the first time.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I had a sup that was shaving minutes from people walking to the time clock, including myself. Needless to say when I confronted him and was willing to have his job for altering time cards, he backed off and said to arrive at the time clock two minutes early from now on, instead of punching out two minutes late. Problem solved - you are paid from the moment you punch in to the moment you punch out.

You are very inexperienced and naive to say the things you do, and/or just trolling - lethal combo, if so.

steward71

This is starting to get annoying ..to come across babies that you have to break everything into layman terms. Of course i know what i said.. Integrity doesn't define perfection or does it? We're all humans we make mistakes .. of course you didn't know that..By you questioning my integrity your implying that i intentionally falsified or "steal" time from someones time card. I'm pretty sure that's not that case and yes its a very big building with more then 100 employees working per shift. And no I'm not incompetent otherwise i wouldn't be working in ups now would i? It's pretty common sense.

( inthegame )

Unfortunately i have no female superior plus there's lack of communication in management and that's just another story that i wont get into.

The meaning of intergrity is quality of being honest and having strong moral prinicples. Not you jace.

Now as for you taking 1 min away from the person. Lets look at simple math since UPS likes the numbers and they love numbers

1 min a day is 5 min after one week for 5 days.
5 times 4 for the number of weeks in one month is 20.
20 times 12 months in one year and you get 240 min you are not giving that person. Lets see times that by lets say 15.00 an hour that comes to.....3600 dollors a year you are stealing from that person. If it was at my pay rate it would be much more, and your job. Because you are lucky you have not run across someone like me who does keep track of ever min I work and if it does not add up the last second then I will not stop questioning until it is right or until it is fix.

Liquid Swords I would never feel sorry for someone like this, bottom line he knows what he is doing, people like this have no control in thier lives so they must have control over something in order for them to feel good.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Liquid Swords I would never feel sorry for someone like this, bottom line he knows what he is doing, people like this have no control in thier lives so they must have control over something in order for them to feel good.

Bad to feel the need to say something like that, but you probably hit the nail on the head. However I think we should forgive him, as he is very young and inexperienced. Bad combo when you are trying to impress.

jace1319

....... what a fairy tale......yawn..... im not going to reply to anyone's comment ..reality is... it would be a whole different ball game if we actually worked in the same operation.. and thats all i have to say

gorilla75jdw

@Jace , I wished we worked at the same operation and I knew you were shaving my time . You and the problem wouldnt be around much longer . I have seen hundreds of you come and go , Im still here getting paid . Trust me , I WIN , thats all I have to say .lol

705red

Browncafe Steward
People, the grievance process is there to benefit the employee in the long run. It is a long and dragged out process that was put into place back in the 40's I believe. Prior to the NLRB, Taft Hartley etc Unions resolved their grievances by striking the companies that violated the contract.

It is costly to handle grievances and depending on the size of your local it could be delayed/priortized in importance. Is it more important to hear/arbitrate a greivance for a persons job? Or a contract violation as a sup working grievance?

Im sure some of teh complaints that are coming out here are probably from members in right to work states where the locals dont have the resorces to arbitrate every grievance. Even to win a greivance it costs money, attorney fees, sending reps to national panels to hear the cases etc.

People like to think that its an easy process, file and its over. But its not, its take 2 sides to agree that the violation happened and until the company agrees it goes through the process, filing it with manager, labor rep and Union get together, local hearing, maybe a local panel, national panel and up to arbitration. There are many of steps involved to win a grievance.

You want to help speed this up as much as possible??? Make sure your who, what, where, why and all information is handed over to the steward when he/she files. Statements, witnesses any thing factual, no hear say or what ifs, facts only!

I suggest that people research a little and understand the process that was put in place.

Jace that was a pretty low shot at Dilli too, you should apoligize for it!!! IMO