My first grievance hearing

GoofTtOopGFT

Ok so I'm a preloaded and I would assume most facilities are basically the same the goal is to get the trailers emptied asap, if there is a re run truck and then fold bags and get your :censored2: and get out. Management is always let go let's go trailers rerun and sometime bags once those are done go home.

Well on Sept 5 I finished up the last trailer, someone was in the rerun truck only had a couple small boxes, someone was on the bags have a handful left. I noticed the rivers showing up. ..
So what happens next.. can anyone let me know what do u do at this point
Like any other day I clocked out and left. The next day I message the boss to get a confirmed start time and I'm told not to come in and to come into the shop after 9 to talk to the boss.
And I was fired for abandonment of my post! Anh other day it rush rush and go home. And then when do as asked i get let go! At the time it was about 20 min earlier then usual but didn't realize that till the next day when I was called into the office. But rather me waiting 20 min looking for something to do and get laid for standing around or whatever. I save 20min and get fire for it.
What kind of :censored2: is that tommorow is my grievance hearing with the local, any suggestions my local v.p will be handling my grievance. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HEADS UP OR TIP I MEED TO KNOW BEFORE GOING INTO MY HEARING.

Nah
ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HEADS UP OR TIP I MEED TO KNOW BEFORE GOING INTO MY HEARING.
Your local will advise you.

I'm the future, don't clock out until you talk to a supervisor and get explicit permission. If they yell at you for waiting for supervisor permission, file for harassment.

GoofTtOopGFT

Ok so I'm a preloaded and I would assume most facilities are basically the same the goal is to get the trailers emptied asap, if there is a re run truck and then fold bags and get your :censored2: and get out. Management is always let go let's go trailers rerun and sometime bags once those are done go home.

Well on Sept 5 I finished up the last trailer, someone was in the rerun truck only had a couple small boxes, someone was on the bags have a handful left. I noticed the rivers showing up. ..
So what happens next.. can anyone let me know what do u do at this point
Like any other day I clocked out and left. The next day I message the boss to get a confirmed start time and I'm told not to come in and to come into the shop after 9 to talk to the boss.
And I was fired for abandonment of my post! Anh other day it rush rush and go home. And then when do as asked i get let go! At the time it was about 20 min earlier then usual but didn't realize that till the next day when I was called into the office. But rather me waiting 20 min looking for something to do and get laid for standing around or whatever. I save 20min and get fire for it.
What kind of :censored2: is that tommorow is my grievance hearing with the local, any suggestions my local v.p will be handling my grievance. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HEADS UP OR TIP I MEED TO KNOW BEFORE GOING INTO MY HEARING.
I got my job back nit sure what ut means but time served suspension.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No back pay... and they denied my unemployment. A month laid off and no back pay or any unemployment. At least I got my job back but was a :censored2:ty month without any pay and the wife isn't working.
So your wife doesn't work and you only have a part-time preloader job at UPS?

Sounds like every month is a :censored2:ty month by design....🤔

PhillyDriver

No back pay... and they denied my unemployment. A month laid off and no back pay or any unemployment. At least I got my job back but was a :censored2:ty month without any pay and the wife isn't working.
Its Sad to see how Soo many of us bust our asses for this Company and the very first chance they get to :censored2: us and our family they wont think twice about doing so. Its disgusting