Wildfire In Santa Clarita, California

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I remember being at the hospital and they had whirlpool rooms which my wife was in, she had been in labor for almost a day and we finally realized she needed a c section... I am not an emotional person... Haven't cried in years but watching my wife in the whirlpool in so much pain I just broke down total meltdown which actually surprised her ...then when my son was finally out I cried again.... Very emotional time for my wife and I ...I broke down again after my daughter was born but with her they just scheduled the birth.... No 24 hours of labor lol... They grow up fast 6th and 8 th grade now ....enjoy every minute and try to get out with your wife once in a while, that is the hardest thing for us... Personal time!!

Mine are 29 and 32 and I couldn't be more proud of them. One grandchild and the second on the way in late October.

They do grow up fast.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's confusing. Ups pays the health care premium in its entirety, pays $11 into the pension for every hour worked and is set up so people try to work for 30 years and retire. That doesn't seem like a company that wants the employees to leave after ten or twelve years

That used to be the mindset.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I guess she was ok with you being a glorified waitress with a good Union, since your man enough ,At least she might get to do something interesting.
70 people took a test for his position, he's the only one that passed. For your job maybe you just had to show up
Well I would like to think she would have found you a better job. I guess that goes back to skilled unskilled.
So you're comparing drivers to "glorified waitresses " yet you do understand most drivers make over 100k and that's more than your husband. That's hilarious. Just remember that if we didn't do what we did everyday then your husband wouldn't have the job he does at ups.

And your husband has worked here all of one day and you're an expert on ups now???

I'd love to see the pushover that married you. Hope you guys are very young otherwise he's going to have a long time to go before he gets a pension eligibility that would compare or even come close to some "glorified waitresses" here.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've never understood the wives who come on here talking for their husbands. Give the man his testicles back and let him be a man! No way I would want a man with so little initiative. Too many women emasculating their men. They even go on the UPS Facebook page at Peak whining about how they want their husbands home. Lol.

I don't even like it when my whines to me about when I get off. I tell her I've been driving for 10 years this is just part of ups. Deal with it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Mine will get off early then call me asking where I am at I would love for them to do this job just one time.
I begged my wife to do driver helper just one year while she was in school. She wouldn't do it.

She just says I understand I understand. For the most part she gets it but you can't ever truly understand until you do it.