Will inflation delay UPSers Retirements?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In most cases, it's the body that can't go anymore. Most drivers I've seen retire in the last 10 yrs grab their pension, opt onto the spouses insurance and pick up a 30hr a week low impact job. A 40k pension and a 30k job seem to be the norm around here.
Not sure where you're at but below a certain age 65 you can not work 120 hours a month without being penalized.
In the west it is scaled. I think you can only work 60 hours a month from a certain age then it goes up to 80 and then all the hours you want after age 65.

That sucks. It may also depend on what type of work you do. Same with social security .

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Not sure where you're at but below a certain age 65 you can not work 120 hours a month without being penalized.
In the west it is scaled. I think you can only work 60 hours a month from a certain age then it goes up to 80 and then all the hours you want after age 65.

That sucks. It may also depend on what type of work you do. Same with social security .
Depends on the type of job. The union has to approve it. If approved you can work as many hours as you want.

UnionStrong

In most cases, it's the body that can't go anymore. Most drivers I've seen retire in the last 10 yrs grab their pension, opt onto the spouses insurance and pick up a 30hr a week low impact job. A 40k pension and a 30k job seem to be the norm around here.
That’s what I did. The union approved the job. I can work 40 hrs if I want to.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Who cares if wages go up if inflation is taking it, rents up, foods up, gas is up, going on vacation is up, stock market is tanking and a recession is right around the corner, gdp was -1.4 percent last quarter, this is exactly how it was before the 2008 collapse without the high inflation

Who cares if wages go up if inflation is taking it, rents up, foods up, gas is up, going on vacation is up, stock market is tanking and a recession is right around the corner, gdp was -1.4 percent last quarter, this is exactly how it was before the 2008 collapse without the high inflation
Actually they updated that to minus 1.5%

Up In Smoke

My mom got a cola raise in her ss, what does it matter if a loaf of bread is 6 bucks
Where's all the money from the past 14 yrs of government handouts, low interest rates and minimal inflation? If someone was living check to check for those years with no idea that the government was going to have to pay it's bills someday, shame on them. Nothing like a periodical recession to force people to take a good hard look at their lifestyles. Live for today, but save for tomorrow.

Where's all the money from the past 14 yrs of government handouts, low interest rates and minimal inflation? If someone was living check to check for those years with no idea that the government was going to have to pay it's bills someday, shame on them. Nothing like a periodical recession to force people to take a good hard look at their lifestyles. Live for today, but save for tomorrow.
Just like people that have utility shut off notice is posted on your door but yet they get packages everyday.

Jkloc420

Recession is coming, everything will be taking a hit, on the plus side that might bring prices down and inventory back up but we also know another covid panic is coming in the fall

Up In Smoke

One of the businesses that we are involved in is mortgage tax escrows. We report delinquencies to credit agencies and banks. We also send adjustments to home owners and insurance companies prior to them being added to mortgage statements. It's baffling to me how someone can play 40% over current tax evaluations and think the municipalities aren't going to catch up the next tax season. We get so many complaints and we have to explain to them that you paid that much for the house, how do you hope to explain your taxes are too high. Think people. And when your insurance company gets that new evaluation, guess what?

UnionStrong

One of the businesses that we are involved in is mortgage tax escrows. We report delinquencies to credit agencies and banks. We also send adjustments to home owners and insurance companies prior to them being added to mortgage statements. It's baffling to me how someone can play 40% over current tax evaluations and think the municipalities aren't going to catch up the next tax season. We get so many complaints and we have to explain to them that you paid that much for the house, how do you hope to explain your taxes are too high. Think people. And when your insurance company gets that new evaluation, guess what?
Exactly

Jkloc420

This is who is in charge

Up In Smoke

Powell is and should be also getting some pretty heavy criticism for his and the other fed chairs lack of action. Gun shy from the moves made in 2018 that backfired and caused economic damage. Hindsight is generally closer to 20/20 and these moves should have been made more than a year ago. He who hesitates, is dead.