Winter isnt over Louisville

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Austin.Was.My.Hero, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

"Somewhere in Kentucky — and we're not sure where — will most likely get a foot or more," said Ron Steve, a weather service meteorologist.
    Snow should start to fall Wednesday morning and continue off and on, until it picks up late Wednesday afternoon and early evening. At times, the snowfall could be as heavy as an inch an hour, Steve said. The snow will finally abate sometime Thursday.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...2015/03/03/louisville-forecast-snow/24314465/

If Kentucky gets a foot of snow, Louisville is doomed.

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Gimme a break.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Ohio weather forcast is only saying - "we're watching it....stay tuned."

I feel like a kid on Christmas eve! Hopefully it ends up being an easy second half of the week after hicktucky gets snowed under.

4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Like I already said, gimme a break.

5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

It never snows in KY?

6. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Supposed to get more ice in Central Tx tomorrow as well.

7. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Ice aint no joke. You cant walk on ice, how da :censored2: can you drive on it= IM CALLING DA :censored2: OUT lmfao

8. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

Seriously the only thing I hate about this job is driving in dangerous conditions.

I don't mind the cold, heat or anything else. The physical part of the job doesn't bother me because I am in pretty much the same shape I was in when I started this job 29 years ago.

Today we got a 1/10 of an inch of freezing rain. I was driving down a hard road with cinders on it and turned onto a gravel road that was an unbelievable sheet of ice. I went straight into the ditch on the other side.

Any day that I can just drive to the places I have to deliver is a good day.

9. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I don't like it either dude, especially the ice, scary as :censored2: for real. Its to the point anymore honestly, if I wake up in the morning n walk out to the road, to check things out and if its a sheet of ice, ill turn right around and walk my punkazz back to the house and just call out. I don't care anymore, just not worth it really dude. Plus the fact I live 35 miles from the center and live out in the country from the highway and they always plow out here last, they know the longasczz ride I got just to get there. I think their at the point where they know ill call out in a hot second in super bad weather, cause they know how far I live and where my house is. Plus the fact I never call out sick or hardly ever take off, and they know the only time I call out is in really inclimate weather. Don't bust my ballz bout that at all anymore, which is really cool but at same time VERY WEIRD lmfao.

10. Better them than us.

We've had almost no snow this winter. Cold as all hell, but no snow. I just want one blizzard day to get us off. Then I'm good for the year.

11. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Snow is beautiful

12. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Rarely.

13. Wally

The stats from NOAA show 11 days per year on average with over an inch of snow? Almost 5 days over 3 inches.

14. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The reason UPS put its air hub in Louisville (and FedEx chose Memphis) wasn't because of good weather but because of fewest bad weather days.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Austin.Was.My.Hero

That average does not shut down airports. An inch a hour or a foot+ does.

It's also one of the farthest Western places still in Eastern Standard Time along with being South.

16. Jlemansk

Jlemansk Active Member

81 degrees today, clear sky's, and a fresh pair of shorts.

17. Wally

We all hate you. Lol

18. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Walk like a penguin. Penguins walk on ice, you'll be fine

19. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Kentucky is getting hammered. :laugh:

20. Ecw21411

Ecw21411 Active Member

What part of ky ?