Workers Comp. / Light Duty.

yonnko

I am going to be on Light Duty for two to four weeks. I am working four hours in the office and comp will kick in remaining hours. I understand that if you are out of work completely, you do not get paid for the first three days and the you get 60% of your gross pay there after.

I went directly to light duty. Does comp kick in immediately? Say I work 20 hrs. light duty for the week. Will comp pay me full rate for the other 20?

UPSGUY72

I am going to be on Light Duty for two to four weeks. I am working four hours in the office and comp will kick in remaining hours. I understand that if you are out of work completely, you do not get paid for the first three days and the you get 60% of your gross pay there after.

I went directly to light duty. Does comp kick in immediately? Say I work 20 hrs. light duty for the week. Will comp pay me full rate for the other 20?

Check with your HR person I believe comp rules differ by state.

beatupbrown

Problem with light duty they push you do to more then what you are able to. If you do not then they make you out to be a faker, or they play the macho man card. Each state does have its own work comp rules, but UPS makes up the rules as they go along so watch out!

Dagoof

When you go on comp you should get a letter telling you what they will be paying you. At least that is what happened in my cases.

yonnko

Thanks. Got my answer from HR. Hope to be back to full duty in a week. Swelling on the broken toe is going down. Hope to be able to get a shoe on and get back at it.

Matthew

i feel like i need to go out on comp again, was out only 1 month after bad slip and fall on ice and it hurts sometimes and my knee on that leg hurts now 1 year after the accident :(

ankle was sprained super saturday of dec 08

yonnko

This job is a marathon not a sprint. If you are planning on making this job your career, you should revisit the Dr. Even if you plan on leaving UPS, still have it looked at get it healed properly.