Working as directed

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by tacken, Jun 4, 2014.

1. tacken

tacken Active Member

So a fellow driver yesterday was told via diad message, If you cant make it to that stop by 17:00 just sheet it as a futher del. This was a misload that he let them know about (3) hours earlier. Its nice when your boss tells you to be dishonest.I told him to sheet as missed. Thanks UPS mangament for leading by example.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I wouldn't sheet as missed. I would of brought it in and told them to find someone to sheet it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. tacken

tacken Active Member

I like that better bring it back, put on there desk and say go ahead sheet it up as a futher.

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sheet as future is what I assume you're talking about.

I would then call the ethics hotline and let them know about it.

5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Not dishonest if boss says to do it. Might be for the boss though.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Work as directed then grieve.

7. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

I know of a driver who got fired for futuring a missed pkg. He got his job back when he proved he was instructed to do it. Nothing said to sup. Imagine that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

8. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

We are often told not to sheet it,rather bring it in and give to an OMS and a FT supe will deliver on his way home . I refuse to do this,and unless someone gets the package from me before I leave area it's sheeted as missed.

9. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Work as directed. Take pic of DIAD message for reference in case you get pulled in office.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Work as instructed and put managers name in remarks and that he told you to do it. Then call 1-800 number and watch him lose his stock for the year.

11. Brown echo

Brown echo If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

WORKING AS DIRECTED WITH A DISHONEST INSTRUCTIONS !! SHOW NO MERCY !! GRIEVE , DOCUMENTATION TO SUCH BEHAVIOR ,ONCE HE EXPERIENCE ASSERTIVE NEGATIVE REINFORCERS FROM YOU.WORK VERY WELL ,YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE DIAD, HE THE ONE WITH THE INSTRUCTION , WORK AS INSTRUCTED.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It is amazing how using all caps magnifies your lack of vocabulary, poor spelling and overall poor grammar and highlights your inability to put two words together to form a cohesive sentence.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • List
  13. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Be honest. You spellchecked your post at least twice so you wouldn't make the same mistake before you submitted it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I have been told to do the same thing, I just go ahead and record it as "missed". If they want to give me a warning letter for refusing to falsify delivery records they are more than welcome to.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. brownrod

brownrod Active Member

This.
    We are under no obligation to follow dishonest, illegal or unsafe directions.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Wally,

The term "working as directed" does not justify dishonest actions by an employee.

The supervisors of a corporation are employees of the corporation just as the hourly employees.

The do have more responsibility and limited authority over the hourly workers that they supervise.

They do not have authority to direct employees to commit dishonest acts or violate the written policies of the corporation.

Sincerely,
    I

17. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Oh for the love of god....look who didn't get hit by a car.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

I had a misload the other day and got a very shady message that said "can you sheet your misload closed?? Thanks ". That is some shady ish right there. I replied " No. That is dishonesty."

19. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

They make the rules (management). Perhaps, missed and future are now the same thing, how would I know? How they want something done is their call. No dishonesty on my part. I'm just doing as told.

20. sven

sven New Member

When "working as directed", its a good idea to put in remarks comments the intials of the supervisor that gave you the questionable directions. IE: as per AH
    Always remember the 11th commandement....Cover thy Ass!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List