Working Conditions in Winter

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Once it gets in to the 30's our heater sucks. I wear carhartts all winter as I work in an out building with all the overhead doors open all night. Dress warm and order hand heaters for you pockets. I just filed a grievance for the sissys who load the air cans. Their heater broke with no hope of repair. The maintenance weeny said they had to get bids to install a new one. I called the hall and my BA. As of last night they were still freezing their cookies off with no temporary heat. Life at UPS.

oldngray

nowhere special
Once it gets in to the 30's our heater sucks. I wear carhartts all winter as I work in an out building with all the overhead doors open all night. Dress warm and order hand heaters for you pockets. I just filed a grievance for the sissys who load the air cans. Their heater broke with no hope of repair. The maintenance weeny said they had to get bids to install a new one. I called the hall and my BA. As of last night they were still freezing their cookies off with no temporary heat. Life at UPS.
When I was PT there was just enough heat to keep it about freezing. You had to wear a jacket inside. Not like now when they can work in shorts.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Heaters? What heaters? Have I told you lately how tough we had it? Come work in MN. in the winter
I, within in the last couple of months had contact with a head hunter that offered me a possible position (my full time job) in MN. Move away from the east coast and the Jersey shore? Thanks but no thanks.

rod

Retired 22 years
I, within in the last couple of months had contact with a head hunter that offered me a possible position (my full time job) in MN. Move away from the east coast and the Jersey shore? Thanks but no thanks.
Move away from Jersey? Who wouldn’t jump at that chance? We would even teach you to man up and pump your own gas. Even our women can do that with no problem.

rod

Retired 22 years
Actually I don’t think we’ve had a day colder than 20 yet.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Move away from Jersey? Who wouldn’t jump at that chance? We would even teach you to man up and pump your own gas. Even our women can do that with no problem.
You can drive to WaWa have the attendant pump your gas while you go in and get the world's best cup of coffee. Drive across the bridge to Independence Mall see the Liberty Bell,Hall of Congress,Betsy Ross House etc. Go down the shore drive on the beach during the fall striper run set your pole and enjoy a glass of pinot noir .But hey I would like try ice fishing.
PS. The Vikings need to lose a game if the Eagles are to get to the post season.Where have we taken this thread ?

rod

Retired 22 years
You can drive to WaWa have the attendant pump your gas while you go in and get the world's best cup of coffee. Drive across the bridge to Independence Mall see the Liberty Bell,Hall of Congress,Betsy Ross House etc. Go down the shore drive on the beach during the fall striper run set your pole and enjoy a glass of pinot noir .But hey I would like try ice fishing.
PS. The Vikings need to lose a game if the Eagles are to get to the post season.Where have we taken this thread ?
I’ve toured the east coast a few times. There are certainly nice parts of it but all in all I prefer less traffic congestion.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I lived 5 miles from work. I allowed myself 10 minutes to get there, parked and punched in. I was never late

I'm 13 miles away from work. Takes me 24 min to driver there and punch in. So far I've never been late.
I have you both beat. I bought a motor home and parked it in the empty lot next to our center, so I am 1 minute away from work! Somehow I am still late 100+ times a year.