You all need to know you're doing a great job

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
I've heard from some of my largest customers that deliveries are being done well, damage rates are down, and pickups have been smooth. One of my peak shippers has been so happy with the operational help we've given them that they want me to bid on lots of new import business.

I know there is a ton of volume and management is trying to meet unrealistic goals, but every driver I've been in contact with (in person) has been great. The helper that delivered to my house today gave my dog a treat.

In contrast, the FedEx guy delivering to my house tonight was talking on his cell phone, didn't ring my bell, dropped the package, and walked across my front yard. He got back into his rental, didn't put on his seatbelt and drove away.

i know it's tough, but thank you.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I've heard from some of my largest customers that deliveries are being done well, damage rates are down, and pickups have been smooth. One of my peak shippers has been so happy with the operational help we've given them that they want me to bid on lots of new import business.

I know there is a ton of volume and management is trying to meet unrealistic goals, but every driver I've been in contact with (in person) has been great. The helper that delivered to my house today gave my dog a treat.

In contrast, the FedEx guy delivering to my house tonight was talking on his cell phone, didn't ring my bell, dropped the package, and walked across my front yard. He got back into his rental, didn't put on his seatbelt and drove away.

Hey, did you know, we are not allowed to give dogs treats, so someone should report him.........and why did your dog have access to the UPS guy?

TUT

Why was there a Fedex pkg being delivered to your house?

satellitedriver

You are welcome.
What you described is a normal daily event for a driver, no new news.
This job/career is not tough.
Drivers are the tough ones.
The drivers that have been able to adapt and handle the increasing work loads for decades.

BTW;
Dogs bring treats to me

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Sorry !!

I don't ring bells either until its after dark !

I've been yelled at by a mother who was trying to have 2 hours of peace and quiet with her sleeping baby
I've been yelled at by a few people who work 3rd shift and were trying to sleep and didnt need to be woken up for their QVC bag

That's 12 years of experience

They can hear my diesel truck, my horn, or their dog barking

bigbrownhen

Heff.....yep same here. If it looks like there are little ones at the house, knock softly if at all after noon. Nap time. Anyone who has kids knows how that is. Most of my day sleepers have a note on the door, or a piece of tape on the bell. I also don't knock or ring at police officer's house. If their car is home, they are probably alseep working the late shift.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
for clarification, the fedex guy stood on my front porch yapping away, which made me get up to go look and see who was there, only to make eye contact with him and I watched him drop the package and turn and walk across my front yard.

i, of course, would have refused the package if he had asked for a signature. FedEx can get bent. I'm not sure who the package was from because my wife snatched it as it is a present for me. She told me had she known it was Fedex, she would have ordered from their largest competitor. Good wife.

edit: good point about ringing doorbells. just dont do this

News9.com Videos - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
HEffe

I too never rang doorbells until after 5. Too many people on my route with kids and a ton that work nightshift and sleep till three or 4. So after a while of getting people bent, you learn.

Sales guy, dont drop the ball on that extra work. Bid well.

d

satellitedriver

Sorry !!

I don't ring bells either until its after dark !
HEFF,
The same thing applies when delivering after 9:00pm, in the country.

The customers maybe already in bed.

Many of my customers have to wake up at 5:00am, to commute to work.
If the home lights are on, I knock and ring.
If the lights are out, I pet the dogs and quietly put the pkg's in a safe place.

Packmule

You think a lot like me. Now, what happens in the neighborhood when you blow your horn at every stop and start every dog in the neighborhood barking, wake up every baby, and alert every latch key kid that you are leaving a package on someone's porch?

whiskers

Thank you OP! That's very kind of you to say that.

Great post Satellitedriver "dog bring me treats." You are the Chuck Norris of package delivery.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thank you OP! That's very kind of you to say that.

Great post Satellitedriver "dog bring me treats." You are the Chuck Norris of package delivery.

Go back and read sales guy last 20 posts and see if you still want to thank him for the kind words...just saying