You have got to be joking...

brown metal coffin

Are they seriously going to allow Fedex to buy TNT express after the europeans gave us such hell and destroyed our deal for that same company 2 years ago. Why do the doors consistently swing wide open for these guys for whatever they want to do?
  • They are paying almost 2 billion less than what our top offer was
  • They are up almost $7.00 in premarket trading (we were way down when we announced)
  • They will probably meet minimal opposition as the purchase gets closer
  • Investors said this was a huge fiscal mistake by UPS but applauded when Fedex
  • We made huge concessions and yet it still didn't go through
TNT was in dire straights when we approached them and so was the european economy; and we offered far more money back then. Im sure I'm missing some things; but this to me is just really disappointing. No matter what they do they just keep on rolling.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fe...48-billion-in-cash-2015-04-07?dist=beforebell

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are they seriously going to allow Fedex to buy TNT express after the europeans gave us such hell and destroyed our deal for that same company 2 years ago. Why do the doors consistently swing wide open for these guys for whatever they want to do?
  • They are paying almost 2 billion less than what our top offer was
  • They are up almost $7.00 in premarket trading (we were way down when we announced)
  • They will probably meet minimal opposition as the purchase gets closer
  • Investors said this was a huge fiscal mistake by UPS but applauded when Fedex
  • We made huge concessions and yet it still didn't go through
TNT was in dire straights when we approached them and so was the european economy; and we offered far more money back then. Im sure I'm missing some things; but this to me is just really disappointing. No matter what they do they just keep on rolling.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fe...48-billion-in-cash-2015-04-07?dist=beforebell

UPS is the dominant player in US and EUROs don't like American Capitalism (ie. Microsoft) and FedEx is perceived as a more Global company with a long time presence in Europe and FedEx plays the behind the scene political game much better than UPS. Lots of money greased this venture.

Purplepackage

It's not like this matters a whole lot, FedEx express will benefit with more international shipping customers and ups will continue to dominate ground shipping and life goes on

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I read somewhere the airline isn't a part of this. It's strictly for the ground operation. That will help push it through.

FedEx couldn't use the airline anyways. Their contract states all flights have to be flown by FedEx US based pilots.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
giphy.gif

brown metal coffin

I read somewhere the airline isn't a part of this. It's strictly for the ground operation. That will help push it through.

FedEx couldn't use the airline anyways. Their contract states all flights have to be flown by FedEx US based pilots.

There are European regulations that say that Fed Ex will have to sell the TNT part of the airline. They told UPS the same thing also; but they will go ahead and flip that airline for a profit on top of the good deal they are already getting.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
UPS is the dominant player in US and EUROs don't like American Capitalism (ie. Microsoft) and FedEx is perceived as a more Global company with a long time presence in Europe and FedEx plays the behind the scene political game much better than UPS. Lots of money greased this venture.

I thought it was because Fedex provided better Hookers and more blow