“I want to be a driver!”

Zowert

Hopefully this helps raise wages and salaries in other jobs. Could be a good thing.
UPS would benefit from the Teamsters organizing its competitors. There could be a chance that Ms. Tome told the media about our compensation to get drivers at FedEx and Amazon to realize they’re getting ripped off. There is that possibility, that UPS isn’t being completely malicious. There is a reason for every single press release and it almost always benefits the company in some way.

rod

Retired 22 years
1691799032322.png

Sporhwhore

Yeah I’ve been hearing about this ( $170,000 compensation ) from friends, family, customers you name it! So I got to thinking even though they high balled it here’s my rebuttal: how much money does ups make off each and every employee every year if we averaged it out? Pretty sure that $170,000 ( alleged) pays the company one hell of a return…. What do you guys think?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Yeah I’ve been hearing about this ( $170,000 compensation ) from friends, family, customers you name it! So I got to thinking even though they high balled it here’s my rebuttal: how much money does ups make off each and every employee every year if we averaged it out? Pretty sure that $170,000 ( alleged) pays the company one hell of a return…. What do you guys think?
They have been going out of business for the last hundred years or so...

Zowert

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_0067.jpeg

Anthony here thinking tech sales is more stressful than driving a big truck around a bunch of morons on the road all day. Last week I almost killed some stupid kid on an electric scooter that darted in front of my truck on a residential street.

Zowert

To become a driver you must wear a suit to orientation
Fresh out of college I couldn’t find a job at any of my local school districts so I went to a hiring event for the county sheriff‘s office. About 100 people were there, you took the written test then the physical. That chopped 75% of the candidate pool. Last was the oral boards. Everyone showed up in a suit and tie, me? Khaki shorts and a Hawaii’n shirt. The oral board was easy, just a bunch of questions centered around law enforcement that tested your ethics. As I was walking out of the room afterward the county Sheriff (who sat on the oral board but didn’t ask questions) said, “I love your sense of humor, we need deputies like you.” Weird thing is I didn’t say anything the entire time that made them laugh, so I assumed it was my clothes.

I passed all the other crap they made me do, background checks, polygraph, psych evaluation, etc. Got an invite to their academy but ended up turning it down to try and teach 10th graders about history. Biggest mistake I ever made. Now that I see all the crazy stuff on the road I daydream about being a deputy and pulling idiots over.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
View attachment 442100

View attachment 442097

Anthony here thinking tech sales is more stressful than driving a big truck around a bunch of morons on the road all day. Last week I almost killed some stupid kid on an electric scooter that darted in front of my truck on a residential street.
Exactly.
Yah Anthony, come weave a ten cube in and out of busy city streets in the rain when you can't use your mirrors. :censored2:ing idiot.

JL 0513

Someone tell Anthony that it usually takes longer to get to top rate driver than getting a doctorate degree.

Once he puts in all those years, maybe he'll enjoy getting home at 8pm each night.

Brownwind

This stupid article came out while I was on vacation. I came home and my neighbors collected a care package for me. They were wondering if I could afford to keep my ranch only making 170k. A note enclosed asked me if I needed to sell off parcels to cover the taxes.
Definitely depends where you live and what 170k will support. My acreage between my separate parcels means higher taxes. Just grateful for mineral rights. If you have to ask keep your day job.