“Ready Team”

PT Car Washer

Most of the part-time employees have been turned into permanent immature children because they’re on their parents insurance until 26. These kids lose a whole decade almost fooling around before they get serious, and even then they don’t know what to do anymore. Elections have consequences that don’t show up for many years. Thanks Obama.
Have you met any of the new PT Union members? Most are too young or too old for a delivery drivers job at UPS or are hard core unemployable or can't wait financially for a FT job to open up. Contracts have consequences.

Thebrownblob

Have you met any of the new PT Union members? Most are too young or too old for a delivery drivers job at UPS or are hard core unemployable or can't wait financially for a FT job to open up. Contracts have consequences.
The contract was not the main issue. Most of the part timers are only here for Play Money. Even a scale 22.4 job is a better wage and benefit package than most of them will make their entire life.

PT Car Washer

The contract was not the main issue. Most of the part timers are only here for Play Money. Even a scale 22.4 job is a better wage and benefit package than most of them will make their entire life.
With the current crop of new hires I believe it. Not like it was when PT made the same wages as FT and UPS could pick the best and brightest.

Thebrownblob

With the current crop of new hires I believe it. Not like it was when PT made the same wages as FT and UPS could pick the best and brightest.
Perhaps but you’re talking about many years ago even before me. There was a shift in adulthood and responsibility that came from the top. In the early to mid 2000s that we are now beginning to feel. This generations ambitions have been seriously damaged.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Some people just had enough of this place.

Yep.

Everyone is frustrated with way the company is run and operated.

Have you met any of the new PT Union members?

See them everyday.

Most are too young or too old for a delivery drivers job at UPS or are hard core unemployable or can't wait financially for a FT job to open up.

Can't disagree with that.

Contracts have consequences.

Company goals.... have consequences.

Not like it was when PT made the same wages as FT and UPS could pick the best and brightest.

That will never happen again.

My building has eliminated a few air driver positions. PM air box routes.

If 22.4's were utilized properly.... there would be no need for any PT air drivers.

Think about that.

:biggrin: