“You guys are way overpaid!”

Zowert

Yep, I had a back room manager at a warehouse and he tried to get me to take packages to every single persons desk, I drop them at his back room and said one delivery point, or you can refuse them your choice. have a nice day. Never bothered me again.
Some people will try to get you to do your job for them. These are the people you definitely do not want knowing how much you’re being paid.

Zowert

I know a driver that works up in Seattle. He sent me this picture of a port o potty at a construction site. I think the boys in Local 174 are ballin too.
DB181467-1B13-415F-B5CF-2DF42AF1688D.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yeah I’ve been getting her street a couple times a week. Had another wine box last week, gave it to the driver that normally has her street. The next day I had some crap from JCrew for her, since I could just release it I delivered it. Tossed it on her doorstep and bounced, she never saw me. Eventually I will run into her again, we will see how that goes.

Lately I have been getting grief from a new employee at a golf course I deliver to. I always park in the fire lane right out in front of their pro shop/check in area. There is plenty of room to drive around me and I’m only there for 30 seconds at most. Doesn’t matter to this dude. “Hey you can’t park there!” Okay where do you want me to park? “Anywhere but there!” Fine I’ll find somewhere else next time. “Yeah that would be great!” Jerk. Couple days latter I have a ton of golf balls for their driving range. I pull up and look for somewhere else to park, the only spot I could find without blocking someone’s vehicle in is by their golf carts. I stop there and pull out the handtruck, guess who comes out. “Hey buddy! You’re blocking our carts in!” Dude you told me to park somewhere else. Where do you want me to park? “That’s not my job! You figure it out.” Whatever this is where I’m parked, do you want your golf balls or not? “Yeah, you need to take them over to the range though.” That sounds like your job, I’m dropping these off at the same place I deliver everything else.

Every time I show up this guy has a problem. There used to be a pretty chill Boomer that received their stuff before this punk got hired. No one ever said anything about where I parked, they were just happy that I showed up at a consistent time. Always in the morning before it got too busy. Now I’m thinking about changing that. I’ll show up at 4pm when it’s an absolute zoo.

When someone complains about a park position you should suggest that they can call a tow truck if they don't like it.

Zowert

When someone complains about a park position you should suggest that they can call a tow truck if they don't like it.
I have done that before, to the parking authority. Metermaid, “You can’t park there.” Write me a ticket. “No, I’m gonna have you towed.” I said, go ahead I don’t care. He just shook his head in disbelief and left without even writing a ticket.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I went back to parking in the fire lane. He gives me a dirty look every time. This idiot must’ve worked at a convenience store in the past because he thinks i’m a vendor, like I should be breaking down boxes and stocking their shelves for them. My first encounter with him he looked puzzled when I dropped a bunch of boxes behind their counter, same place I’ve been leaving their stuff for over a year. “Oh those don’t go there.” Okay where would you like them. “Hang on let me check.” Grabs a pair of scissors and cuts one of the boxes open and rifles through it. “Alright these need to go..” Hold on. I’m not a vendor. I don’t work for Callaway, I just deliver their stuff. You figure out where that stuff goes, it’s your shop. “WHaT dO yOu MeAn?!” Have a nice day.
WILL.CALL.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yep, I had a back room manager at a warehouse and he tried to get me to take packages to every single persons desk, I drop them at his back room and said one delivery point, or you can refuse them your choice. have a nice day. Never bothered me again.
The idiots we deal with. I got a ton of rudeness complaints the first few (5) years. Lol. I took no crap from anyone.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I try to pick my battles. Not worth it to engage everyone about everything. But there is a certain line that once they cross it, it’s war baby.

Being polite and giving them the 1800 number to call, along with your name, supervisor's name, car number etc. All just to basically tell them you don't care that they have a problem, is the best way to retaliate.

Zowert

Being polite and giving them the 1800 number to call, along with your name, supervisor's name, car number etc. All just to basically tell them you don't care that they have a problem, is the best way to retaliate.
I have such a problem with impatient motorists on my route, honking at me, cursing and even threatening me when I’m blocking a residential street that my supervisor told me to just give them his number if they really want to complain. I have offered it to several people, only one person took it and actually called. Of course it was a Karen in a minivan with nothing better to do. Sup told me she called him thinking I was going to get in serious trouble, possibly even fired. When he told her we are trained to do exactly what I was doing she blew a gasket. “I’m talking to the city council about this! You can’t just block traffic!” He laughed and asked her how long she was waiting behind me, a question she danced around and never actually answered. I remember her sitting behind me for a whole 15 seconds before she threw a fit and started yelling at me.

UnionStrong

I have such a problem with impatient motorists on my route, honking at me, cursing and even threatening me when I’m blocking a residential street that my supervisor told me to just give them his number if they really want to complain. I have offered it to several people, only one person took it and actually called. Of course it was a Karen in a minivan with nothing better to do. Sup told me she called him thinking I was going to get in serious trouble, possibly even fired. When he told her we are trained to do exactly what I was doing she blew a gasket. “I’m talking to the city council about this! You can’t just block traffic!” He laughed and asked her how long she was waiting behind me, a question she danced around and never actually answered. I remember her sitting behind me for a while 15 seconds before she threw a fit and started yelling at me. The entitlement of some people is crazy.
I would just smile and wave like I was retarded. They would snap.

UnionStrong

I have such a problem with impatient motorists on my route, honking at me, cursing and even threatening me when I’m blocking a residential street that my supervisor told me to just give them his number if they really want to complain. I have offered it to several people, only one person took it and actually called. Of course it was a Karen in a minivan with nothing better to do. Sup told me she called him thinking I was going to get in serious trouble, possibly even fired. When he told her we are trained to do exactly what I was doing she blew a gasket. “I’m talking to the city council about this! You can’t just block traffic!” He laughed and asked her how long she was waiting behind me, a question she danced around and never actually answered. I remember her sitting behind me for a whole 15 seconds before she threw a fit and started yelling at me. The entitlement of some people is crazy.
People suck

Zowert

I would just smile and wave like I was retarded. They would snap.
I ignore 99% of them, that really pisses some people off. When they threaten me, that’s when I respond. I lie and tell them I’m obligated to give them my supervisor’s number if they have a complaint. Then pretend like it’s going to get me in trouble. It shuts them up. I wish more people would take his number and call, I loved the laugh we had when the Karen called.

I had one dude in a Jeep come up behind me and just lay on his horn for a good 10 seconds. So I stood right in front of his vehicle and looked at my watch then looked up at him, looked at my watch again then back at him. He got so pissed that he got out and started yelling at me. I calmly looked him in the eye and said, “Get back in your vehicle you psychopath.” Somehow that shut him up. He quietly got back in his Jeep and backed down the street. I think he realized how ridiculous his behavior was.

Thebrownblob

I ignore 99% of them, that really pisses some people off. When they threaten me, that’s when I respond. I lie and tell them I’m obligated to give them my supervisor’s number if they have a complaint. Then pretend like it’s going to get me in trouble. It shuts them up. I wish more people would take his number and call, I loved the laugh we had when the Karen called.

I had one dude in a Jeep come up behind me and just lay on his horn for a good 10 seconds. So I stood right in front of his vehicle and looked at my watch then looked up at him, looked at my watch again then back at him. He got so pissed that he got out and started yelling at me. I calmly looked him in the eye and said, “Get back in your vehicle you psychopath.” Somehow that shut him up. He quietly got back in his Jeep and backed down the street. I think he realized how ridiculous his behavior was.
I especially love the lady on my route who gets wine every week that she has to sign for, and when I honk the horn and ring her doorbell she goes ballistic because her kids are sleeping. Sorry you old wineo, you got to sign for this package and if you want to call and complain about my honking go right ahead lol I’ll get a pat on the back😂.