Road Rage!

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
I keep a key in bulkhead door , we need updated door openers on those they’re junk !
Remember they first came out with a metal rod that would just bend and break 😂
🧔‍♂️✊
That’s against the methods or policy or something. After a package car got the :censored2: stolen out we got a diad msg: NEVER LEAVE KEY IN BULKHEAD. Ok 👍 I take keys at every single stop and fumble around until I get the right one. 2.3 SPOHR SUCKAS!!!

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
That’s against the methods or policy or something. After a package car got the :censored2: stolen out we got a diad msg: NEVER LEAVE KEY IN BULKHEAD. Ok 👍 I take keys at every single stop and fumble around until I get the right one. 2.3 SPOHR SUCKAS!!!
We don’t have “methods” anymore
It’s been years since we had a safety meeting ..unless they want to pay me to memorize stuff they can 🤬 off

@Dragon: what’s the 3rd rule of backing!

@mech: we don’t go over DOK anymore 🤷‍♂️

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
@Dragon quit when he found out he’s ‘teaching’ safe driving to guys who make 170k
He should end it all
d5KoY4.gif

Zowert

UPDATE: The dude I got into a road rage incident with called in Saturday. I guess he called the 1800 PICK UPS number and got transferred to the supervisor at my center running the show on Saturday. Lucky me that supervisor’s first day was with me during peak three years ago as a seasonal driver. I was running out of DOT hours so a sup brought him out to me to finish the route. He let me know of the call in, told me he would take care of it and not to worry.

I definitely encountered an entitled :censored2:. This guy told the sup that I used my horn too aggressively then cut him off and threatened him with violence (which I did, I was about to kick him in the face but the dude was definitely ready to assault me). Saturday sup told him, “That type of behavior will not be tolerated, I assure you the driver will be terminated.” Sup told me to chill * out or next time he will report this to center manager. Fortunately I told my manager, he said the same thing. Avoid the situation at all cost.

Lesson learned. No more honking at bad behavior on the road and definitely don’t yell at them. Forget it, I don’t want to lose my job and I would rather not have to kick someone in the face.

Last edited by a moderator:

PT Car Washer

UPDATE: The dude I got into a road rage incident with called in Saturday. I guess he called the 1800 PICK UPS number and got transferred to the supervisor at my center running the show on Saturday. Lucky me that supervisor’s first day was with me during peak three years ago as a seasonal driver. I was running out of DOT hours so a sup brought him out to me to finish the route. He let me know of the call in, told me he would take care of it and not to worry.

I definitely encountered an entitled :censored2:. This guy told the sup that I used my horn too aggressively then cut him off and threatened him with violence (which I did, I was about to kick him in the face but the dude was definitely ready to assault me). Saturday sup told him, “That type of behavior will not be tolerated, I assure you the driver will be terminated.” Sup told me to chill * out or next time he will report this to center manager. Fortunately I told my manager, he said the same thing. Avoid the situation at all cost.

Lesson learned. No more honking at bad behavior on the road and definitely don’t yell at them. Forget it, I don’t want to lose my job and I would rather not have to kick someone in the face.
I would say you got lucky management backed you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emergency Conditions

I guess we're not actually supposed to communicate in traffic using our horn, lights and signals then?? Lol...glad it worked out for you anyway!

Zowert

I would guess that @Zowert has a pretty good rep at his Center and his story and reaction seem plausible, so anyone would understand.
I don’t kiss ass but I wont burn bridges by being a massive prick to everyone. I am at odds with the other supervisors, I just feel like I got lucky to have the one sup that likes me be in the office when that :censored2: called in.

Zowert

I guess we're not actually supposed to communicate in traffic using our horn, lights and signals then?? Lol...glad it worked out for you anyway!
Thing is, I didn’t honk at this guy out of anger. It was a split second decision to hit the brakes and horn at the same time. This experience gave me perspective on just how quick our decision making has to be on road. We are not only trying to avoid idiots behind the wheel but absolute maniacs. How I reacted could have cost me my job or even my life. I‘m not gonna lie, I was scared. I don’t even know why I reacted the way I did.

I’m going to guess you got picked on in high school and beat up on the playground most of your life, and you’re still struggling with that.

I was too busy slamming kids into lockers face first and getting suspended.

Thing is, I didn’t honk at this guy out of anger. It was a split second decision to hit the brakes and horn at the same time. This experience gave me perspective on just how quick our decision making has to be on road. We are not only trying to avoid idiots behind the wheel but absolute maniacs. How I reacted could have cost me my job or even my life. I‘m not gonna lie, I was scared. I don’t even know why I reacted the way I did.

You still should have kicked the guy in the mouth and ran his ass over. All violence is justifiable whether as an indulgence or self defense.

21Savage

Fortunately I had the high ground. He was a shorter guy so his face lined up nicely with my boot. I was going to use the handrail as leverage to give him the hardest kick I could. Next time you’re in your truck, stand in the cab, grab the rail and imagine how hard you could stomp someone standing in the doorway.
But you didn't do :censored2: and wouldn't have. You're just talking tough thinking about what you could have done after the fact. That guy punked you out cuz you tried to act tough honking your horn but when confronted cowered like a little girl.

Zowert

But you didn't do :censored2: and wouldn't have. You're just talking tough thinking about what you could have done after the fact. That guy punked you out cuz you tried to act tough honking your horn but when confronted cowered like a little girl.
Perhaps, there are two sides to every story. All I‘m saying is I stood at the top of the steps with one hand on railing, the other on the bulkhead door handle with my foot cocked back like a punter in the NFL. I waited for him to take another step into the truck but he didn’t. I was a half of a thought away from placing my boot under his chin as hard and fast as I can.

His side of the story: That UPS guy is a pusillanimous. He couldn’t step out of his truck and face me eye to eye. You’re damn right dude, I’ll take the advantage every time.

Zowert

Just keep telling yourself “175k” “175k” and that a-hole can’t hold down a job at Taco Bell!
He was driving one of those Rivian trucks, so he probably has some money. I like to think he’s an idiot living above his means with 25% APR on that Rivian. At the end of the day how violent you can be isn’t a flex, it’s what you’ve got in pension and savings.