“You guys are way overpaid!”

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
A lot of people most likely are not aware of UPS driver pay rates unless they know someone that works for the company. I'm going to assume that for those that are not "in the know", they lump UPS, FedEx and Amazon drivers all together. Payscale.com lists the average hourly rate for a "delivery driver" at $15.63 so perhaps that's what that lady (and many others) thinks. BTW, that hourly figure includes all types of delivery - food, package, car parts, etc.
People also have no idea how hard we work for that money.

Zowert

$20 would have sounded like a lot to her since it’s apparently what she makes with a a master’s degree and she was pissed off at you.
I think she was exaggerating. If she’s a public school teacher in this area she’s probably making around $28-32 an hour. Private school, even more. With a master’s degree you get a pay bump in our local school districts. I think she just felt her extremely important career as an educator was above a lowly UPS delivery driver, therefore deserves to be paid more. Which kind of baffles me because she should know how unions work, being in one herself.

Box Ox

I think she was exaggerating. If she’s a public school teacher in this area she’s probably making around $28-32 an hour. Private school, even more. With a master’s degree you get a pay bump in our local school districts. I think she just felt her extremely important career as an educator was above a lowly UPS delivery driver, therefore deserves to be paid more. Which kind of baffles me because she should know how unions work, being in one herself.

Well if she goes after you about pay again you can still ask her who the real dumb dumb is if she cares more about the money than the honorable nature of her work. UPS is always hiring. 🙂

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
BTW I never took crap from customers. For a short time after the 97 strike I delivered packages.
When people complained to me I would tell them to use Fed Ex.
Some would call the center and tell them how rude I was . I got called into the office a couple times for that.

I just told the supes the truth
I don't take crap from anyone.

4292DBA1-AEEE-4162-BC81-2FF60839D0AC.gif

F0B3C010-D8CA-410A-93BF-034B85BE45BF.gif

Hot Carl

Just thought I’d share a little incident with a customer today.

I was delivering a box of hello fresh to this house when the customer abruptly opened her front door. It was an unusual door because it opened outward instead of in, so it startled me and I accidentally dropped the box. It wasn’t damaged or anything. Pick it up and hand it over, “Sorry about that.” Customer says, “Oh nice job idiot!” Now I’m not sure why I said this but I did, “I know right. At forty bucks an hour I shouldn’t be dropping crap.” Only I used the S word.

“YOU MAKE HOW MUCH?!!” Literally screaming at me. I’m thinking, Jesus lady calm the ef down. I said, “Have a nice day” and turned to walk away. She continues to bark at me, “If they’re paying you forty dollars an hour to deliver boxes! That’s ridiculous! I don’t believe it.” I said, “You’re right, I’m lying to you. Bye bye now.” As I’m walking away she continues to rant. “Here I am with a Master’s, educating our youth for half what you make. What is wrong with society?! YOU GUYS ARE WAY OVERPAID!”

Funny thing is I was a public school teacher for close to five years. Yeah the pay is kinda low but you know what you’re signing up for. Anyway, it’s going to be real awkward delivering to that customer from now on. I wish I knew how to keep my big mouth shut.

How much do most people think we make anyway? Minimum wage?
Any time someone drops the o-word on me, I always have the same response.

“Does this look like the :censored2:ing NFL to you?”

Zowert

People also have no idea how hard we work for that money.
Yup. My last helper thought the job was going to be easy. He bounced after 5 hours and no showed the next day. “We are delivering packages, how hard can it be?” Okay buddy, here’s a 110lbs mattress that needs to go up all those stairs. Have fun.

PCM Troll

Just thought I’d share a little incident with a customer today.

I was delivering a box of hello fresh to this house when the customer abruptly opened her front door. It was an unusual door because it opened outward instead of in, so it startled me and I accidentally dropped the box. It wasn’t damaged or anything. Pick it up and hand it over, “Sorry about that.” Customer says, “Oh nice job idiot!” Now I’m not sure why I said this but I did, “I know right. At forty bucks an hour I shouldn’t be dropping crap.” Only I used the S word.

“YOU MAKE HOW MUCH?!!” Literally screaming at me. I’m thinking, Jesus lady calm the ef down. I said, “Have a nice day” and turned to walk away. She continues to bark at me, “If they’re paying you forty dollars an hour to deliver boxes! That’s ridiculous! I don’t believe it.” I said, “You’re right, I’m lying to you. Bye bye now.” As I’m walking away she continues to rant. “Here I am with a Master’s, educating our youth for half what you make. What is wrong with society?! YOU GUYS ARE WAY OVERPAID!”

Funny thing is I was a public school teacher for close to five years. Yeah the pay is kinda low but you know what you’re signing up for. Anyway, it’s going to be real awkward delivering to that customer from now on. I wish I knew how to keep my big mouth shut.

How much do most people think we make anyway? Minimum wage?
Holy crap! $40 an hour?! Sign me up!