1 Day Prime Shipping

bacha29

If case you haven't heard Amazon announced a short time ago ......1 day shipping for all Amazon Prime members. What are your thoughts?

bacha29

They will be using us to ship it so I welcome it.
Bezos will take the easy in town stuff for himself leaving you with the boonie boxes. Then again when you're paid by the hour you can get stuck and sit out there all day waiting for a wrecker to come get you and it'll still pay the same.

Price the outta town slow stuff according. Accounting for the break in trace for the committed items.

Indecisi0n

Bezos will take the easy in town stuff for himself leaving you with the boonie boxes. Then again when you're paid by the hour you can get stuck and sit out there all day waiting for a wrecker to come get you and it'll still pay the same.
Why would I want the in town work where I would have to do double the work? I could go country and get paid twice as much to do half the work.

newfie

i would think we would have to agree to the territorys we can commit to

Sportello

Why would I want the in town work where I would have to do double the work? I could go country and get paid twice as much to do half the work.
Either the boxes beat you up or the roads do. I guess you guys have better 'package cars' now, so maybe the roads are better handled?

Seven cubes were just coming in when I retired. I started on a '49 Ford.

Box Ox

Either the boxes beat you up or the roads do. I guess you guys have better 'package cars' now, so maybe the roads are better handled?

Not in my experience. I'd rather be in town running more stops than bouncing around on dirt/gravel roads and driveways while getting bitten and stung by stuff. Truck suspension and seat cushioning are both :censored2:.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not in my experience. I'd rather be in town running more stops than bouncing around on dirt/gravel roads and driveways while getting bitten and stung by stuff. Truck suspension and seat cushioning are both :censored2:.
Meh, it's the repetitive motions that kill your body, the less stops the better.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The worst of the bumps are harder on my spine than the boxes and the stops. Some places here in the south are in terrible shape. Should be ATV-only.
It was always shoulders, rotator cuffs, and knees that bothered me, and I didn't even do the job for that long. I think some people just win the genetic lottery with body durability.... and some people just aren't made for it even if they follow the methods.

When it comes to my back, I bobtailed over 200 miles in an old Sterling a few weeks ago and woke up pretty tight the next day..... it's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it.