10 Years 10/2013: I should be excited, right?

It will be 10 years since I became a UPSer back in 2003. I work with the UPS Supply Chain group specializing in Healthcare Operations. I enjoy the mantra of UPS and the idea of it being people oriented, but I'm not feeling as though our local operation participates in that ideal.

I previously worked in Program Management (UPS Brown); but in the last 3 years, I have been reporting to local management. I am considered a Financial Analyst with a side responsibility in managing our call center PBX and telecom.

I'm frustrated. No other way to really put it. I feel that the opportunity is there for me to excel, but I feel as though I'm hindered by my management team. I find myself losing motivation to do nothing but the bare minimum for the operation, but feel guilty not accomplishing what I know I can for UPS.

My post is to put out a request for understanding what opportunity lies outside of Supply Chain. I really don't want to leave UPS, but I'm finding myself becoming more and more intolerant of the treatment of my efforts.

Our office is being stifled by "house rules" that make no sense. Human Resources has absolutely no knowledge or power. We boast flexible employment and the ability to engage our teams in development plans but we are sadly lacking that initiative in my office. Please help me. I want to stay at UPS and can provide references within the company to attest to my work ethic.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
It will be 10 years since I became a UPSer back in 2003. I work with the UPS Supply Chain group specializing in Healthcare Operations. I enjoy the mantra of UPS and the idea of it being people oriented, but I'm not feeling as though our local operation participates in that ideal.

I previously worked in Program Management (UPS Brown); but in the last 3 years, I have been reporting to local management. I am considered a Financial Analyst with a side responsibility in managing our call center PBX and telecom.

I'm frustrated. No other way to really put it. I feel that the opportunity is there for me to excel, but I feel as though I'm hindered by my management team. I find myself losing motivation to do nothing but the bare minimum for the operation, but feel guilty not accomplishing what I know I can for UPS.

My post is to put out a request for understanding what opportunity lies outside of Supply Chain. I really don't want to leave UPS, but I'm finding myself becoming more and more intolerant of the treatment of my efforts.

Our office is being stifled by "house rules" that make no sense. Human Resources has absolutely no knowledge or power. We boast flexible employment and the ability to engage our teams in development plans but we are sadly lacking that initiative in my office. Please help me. I want to stay at UPS and can provide references within the company to attest to my work ethic.

I feel the same way working in the Hub my creativity is stifled by screaming little twerps in the same colored polos.