$100 a week for insurance and little or no raises!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I find it funny that everyone talks like this has been voted on and will happen. They could negotiate for another 6 months people. I'm pretty confident hall will tell them tough we won't accept this or we will strike. Even if it does come to a vote we all still have the right to vote it down if we want to.

kingOFchester

UPS has made record profits since the start of the current contract. Give nothing, take all we can get or take it to the pavement. We can not be afraid of a strike. It will be painful. It will cost us a lot. We will loose full timers. But we have less to loose then UPS. They are counting on us being afraid of a strike. I don't want it. It could cause enough volume to be lost and cause me to go back to part time. But the teamsters didn't get to where we are today by being scared. We all need to man up. Sock away every penny we can. And fight the fight. Fight for what we work for. We drive the profits.

Our job breaks our bodies down to broken pieces that are constantly being repaired do to the job. We use our body to drive profits. The insurance is what keeps us going. If we pushed papers all day, I could see paying a small piece of insurance as do most people. But our bodies are abused and torn apart do to the jobs we do. The insurance is not a luxury. It is what we need to keep mobile. Its like a salesman for other companies that uses his car for an office and is on the road. The company pays for that car. Well UPS needs to pay for the upkeep of my machine. MY BODY.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
This is what my steward told us:
-hall broke off negotiations for 2 weeks.
-UPS has proposed that all full time and part time employees pay $30/wk for individuals, $60/wk, $90/wk for families.
-There will also be a 10% increase each year for the life of the contract. By the end of the contract you would be paying $130/wk for a family
-Retired members would pay $742/mo, with a 10% increase each year for the life of the contract. So by the end of the contract it would be $1000/mo.

Just got the same information today from my BA after an IBT conference call.

Brownslave688

-UPS has proposed that all full time and part time employees pay $30/wk for individuals, $60/wk, $90/wk for families.
-There will also be a 10% increase each year for the life of the contract. By the end of the contract you would be paying $130/wk for a family
-Retired members would pay $742/mo, with a 10% increase each year for the life of the contract. So by the end of the contract it would be $1000/mo.

Just got the same information today from my BA after an IBT conference call.

Ok did your BA sound as if this has even a remote possibility of coming to vote? I just don't see us even negotiating over this.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Ok did your BA sound as if this has even a remote possibility of coming to vote? I just don't see us even negotiating over this.

Emphasis was placed on the fact that we will not budge on this issue, period. This could result in a 1/3rd pay cut for a lot of part times with families which is UNACCEPTABLE. UPS can propose anything they want - in turn, we can also propose that they can go **** themselves.

Brownslave688

Good. I know exactly how I would vote but I know there are a lot of people out there that would vote yes just to avoid a strike.

Many part timers I'm sure would also just quit and go work much easier jobs than go on strike.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Good. I know exactly how I would vote but I know there are a lot of people out there that would vote yes just to avoid a strike.

Many part timers I'm sure would also just quit and go work much easier jobs than go on strike.

Maybe the one or two years scrubs - but not the people I work with everyday with 10+ years in, holding on as long as they can for a full time job.

anonymous4

Would be glad to strike. Not a concession with the profits being swung around. Definitely not a concession like that (or two-tier pay structures). The teamsters saying we just can't strike have already lost, you shouldn't be in the union if you think we can't strike.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I was told not to use the s word but to talk it up . The company fired one across our bow. This is right from hall $90.00 a week for family benifits. We need to stick together shoulder to shoulder and let the company know that we will abosolutley not pay a penny for our benefits .They are making money on the workers backs. The stock is up and so are profits we should keep what we have and then some.As I have stated before this is what happens when you have a bean counter running the company.

ocnewguy

Exactly what I feared, only worse.

kingOFchester

I was told not to use the s word but to talk it up .

I do not understand the reasoning behind not using the S word? I could see the union giving their word with UPS that they will not publicly discussing the S word during ACTIVE negotiations as not to worry shippers. However, the union should start out by saying insurance is non negotiable and if UPS doesn't concede, then we will prepare our troops for a strike.