10hr days 4 days a week?

daveg

daveg
BBT is correct in his explanation of the contract for freight. this makes a big difference if you have a holiday or take a day off during your regular work week.before you had to hit the minimum total hours in a week before O/T kicked in,period.i believe we were down to 42 hours per week before the contract? anyway it is now after 8 for friend/T employees regardless of total days worked.i'll use thanksgiving as an example.if you work 9.5 on monday,8.0 on tuesday and 10.25 wednesday you will be payed 24 hours straight time, 3.75 hours O/T and 2 days holiday at 8 per.4X10 is a voluntary schedule as i've been led to believe and not mandatory per my steward[my wife] who is also an employee/driver and has seniority on my butt.we were overnite originally.i would like to thank ups at this time for the great raincoat and the killer new route trailer they bought me.love that liftgate.all other changes not so much.

sppollock

We have been on the 4 ten hour shifts for over a year. We filed on this the first week after we went union. We have been waiting for the National Greivance panel to give us a decision, this seems to still be deadlocked there.

We were just told this evening that we are going back to 5 day work weeks partly because we have been filing greivances every week because we have been forced to work on our day off. We tell them we will stop filling if they just give us want the contract says, 5 work days, Monday thru Friday or Tuesday thru Sat.

The ruling just came out this week, if your terminal had 4-10's before ratification then the company can keep them without paying ot until the 10th hour.

But if your terminal did not have the 4-10 schedule before the ratification then it is up to the employees if they want the 4-10 schedule. It has to be agreed upon locally.

Dustyroads

Good posting BBT, there's nothing like a bunch of package car drivers interperting a freight contract. Interesting ruling on the national grievance.

Buckethead

Good posting BBT, there's nothing like a bunch of package car drivers interperting a freight contract. Interesting ruling on the national grievance.

You might find that these "bunch of package car drivers" have alot more experience interpreting UPS contracts than anyone on the freight side. You can cut and paste and quote all day long, but the man/woman with the experience has my ear.

No disrespect meant.

Buckethead

Interpretation is similar, contracts are different. The contracts can be printed on the same type of paper is where the similarities end. Inside/car drivers dont equal up to our Dock/cartage drivers, in contract or job description. Same with Feeders to our RDDR.

Why would the contracts be similar? Our profit is not even close to parcel, thus, our pay and what we are paid for is not similar. SOP is not similar because we are in two entirely different areas of our industry. Hiring practices, payscale progression, job class transferring, ect. Substance abuse policies might be similar, i dont know. The only substance i abuse is Italian food, so i skipped that section.

Anyway, A parcel employee who, over the years, has seen how this company operates, been through many contract ratifications, would be easier to believe/listen to, than a Ups Freight employee, copying and pasting, who didnt want to be part of the union in the first place.

That's what "where someone works" has to do with it.

Bucket

City Driver

im always amazed at how much information there is on substance abuse in the contract

its like 20 pages long or something

i guess more drivers do drugs then i thought

M

Mike23

My question is...why would ANYONE complain about working 10 hours a day for a 3 day weekend every week? I'll trade you jobs!