Fedex Ground 5 Day Work Week

I'm hearing from a few FedEx Ground terminals that do to decrease in volume...FedEx will be shifting terminals to operate 5 days a week.
Not a matter of if, but when... buckle up!

What is everyone hearing out there?

bacha29

I'm hearing from a few FedEx Ground terminals that do to decrease in volume...FedEx will be shifting terminals to operate 5 days a week.
Not a matter of if, but when... buckle up!

What is everyone hearing out there?
Perhaps thanks to one of America's fastest growing economic sectors.....porch pirating....people are simply ordering stuff on line then pick it up at the store on the way home.

And air freight volume? It's a service that has become simply too damn expensive to operate and to their credit Fats and Raj recognize it and the need to do something about it. However in response the path they've chosen to take has to be the most extreme and the most vulnerable to failure and Wall Street appears to have caught onto it.

The final outcome and results of those moves wouldn't be clearly known until probably the last half of next year.

BoxDriver

I’d bet it’s entirely regional, just like pretty much everything else on here. There’s still plenty of Ground people delivering on Sundays that would tell you 6 days is not happening where they are, let alone 5.

Headshot

We aren’t overlapped yet, so I have never worked more than 5 days unless it’s peak. But the HD in the building has only been running 6 days a week for a while now