12 to 1

UPSmeoff

Do not sheet up a commercial stop closed.
Not even if they are always closed on that day.

Just trying to keep you slackers out of the office and warning letter free.

As you were.

Overpaid Union Thug

What do you guys do if you can't make it to the business between 12-1 and your residential stops put you out of range to make it before 5? Do you back track to the business or sheet it missed? Sometimes I find missloads (right truck but wrong section) and am faced with this dilema. Our sups have told us "off the record of course" that they'd rather us sheet them as NSN or to just give it to the clerk. Someo of the drivers, including me, are a bit nervous about that so we just sheet as missed. It sucks though. It's like a no win situation. The sups get mad for missed packages but you never know when they will try and use the NSN's against you later.

UPSmeoff

What do you guys do if you can't make it to the business between 12-1 and your residential stops put you out of range to make it before 5? Do you back track to the business or sheet it missed? Sometimes I find missloads (right truck but wrong section) and am faced with this dilema. Our sups have told us "off the record of course" that they'd rather us sheet them as NSN or to just give it to the clerk. Someo of the drivers, including me, are a bit nervous about that so we just sheet as missed. It sucks though. It's like a no win situation. The sups get mad for missed packages but you never know when they will try and use the NSN's against you later.
Never ever ever ever sheet anything up falsely or you will lose your job even if supervisors said to do it.
Break off and go back to deliver. Period. I know it sucks but at least your protecting your ass.

Personally i love sheeting up pkgs as missed, although i dont do it intentially.

DS

Fenderbender
The problem here is the amount of send agains because of the huge amount of signature required pkgs.We are getting slammed with cell phones (which they make us pull of the truck for security reasons)after ni1 2 ...and the dell computers and the shopping channel,not to mention the brokerage cod charge that ups charges to shop online. Its so bad I have to do my air,then do 20 resis before doing those businesses that close for lunch,and save a few driver releases for after my log.

helenofcalifornia

Wait a minute. Are you saying you Canadians have to pay a brokerage fee on top of the S/H handling for shopping QVC? That would be a deal breaker for me. My customers are PISSED when they see the extra added brikerage fee.

Overpaid Union Thug

Some of our drivers wait until after 1:00 and then sheet "NI1" and scan the notice and throw it away. I will never do that because someone got canned for that in a hub a few towns over. They would throw the info notice into the truck. One day an audit was done on his truck and all the crumpled up notices were scanned and they went in the computer and figured out what he had done. Some of our guys know this so they get rid of the notices so they won't be found. Some even go back by the business on the way to UPS and put the notice on the door. I think they are bound to get caught no matter how they do it.

boodawg

I break off daily to get to business stops before 5. I run a country route that varies from 200 to 280 miles a day. They would love for me to fudge my delivery times to save them miles but you can't trust them. I have had sups try to get me to change the zip on a puller NDA, sheet missed pkgs or call tags as NI1, and prerecord pkgs while on area and stop complete after 1. Your best bet is to follow UPS procedure because nobody will stand behind you when the hammer falls.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Some of our drivers wait until after 1:00 and then sheet "NI1" and scan the notice and throw it away. I will never do that because someone got canned for that in a hub a few towns over. They would throw the info notice into the truck. One day an audit was done on his truck and all the crumpled up notices were scanned and they went in the computer and figured out what he had done. Some of our guys know this so they get rid of the notices so they won't be found. Some even go back by the business on the way to UPS and put the notice on the door. I think they are bound to get caught no matter how they do it.
If you do it once a month when you really need to and GPS isn't a factor, then there's no way (or point) of them going after you.