18 year full-time driver now a forced floater. what a nightmare!

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
too good looking for @turdferguson
image.jpeg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
LOL. Theres two or three with a brain. the rest either cant read or are just angry little smartass'. I guess Ill just stay with the gravy while the the others hump 130 stops all day.
I read it about 4 times. Even though you apparently don't know what a paragraph or capital letter is.

You got yourself into a situation and now you're crying about it. Not much else to it.

underworked1

Run the routes blind. Pull 60 hour weeks and make that :censored2:ing money. U have an excuse to be a few hours over each day if You ran it blind with no training..free money!!

AllOnTheHorses

Seriously, here I am WISHING I were on schedule to drive, or maybe go back to preload, something.. wondering if I will get on long term disability after short term because of injury off job. I am scraping by, making cuts to the things I, my family, my kid can do. My world right now is Uncertainty.. with a capital U.
Just stick it out, you will learn , you will get by, you will suffer, you will hate, and you will get a chance to bid.. and you will look back and say, "I am stronger because of it."
Your situation could be much worse.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
LOL. Theres two or three with a brain. the rest either cant read or are just angry little smartass'. I guess Ill just stay with the gravy while the the others hump 130 stops all day.
Thats all ive been doing for the most part the last 6 months running gravy splits, bulk, misloads n what have ya since i got bumped off my route of 6 years. Got bucked a couple times in between but whatever dude. If you have your own route n been running that route for 15 years or whatever, you would think you were smart enough at the VOODOO MIND GAME to butter up that route for yourself aka SLOWING DA HELL DOWN to get your route where you want and need it to be lol. Thats how the game works homeboy, dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure that 1 out lol.

hyena

i gave up a route after 18 years cause i was sick of it. My new route is apparently their favorite training route and i was aware this could happen when i bid it. i am now the #2 floater in my building and know nothing more than those two routes. i can pick any open route on a day to day basis but the problem is i will have to run them by orion, my cell phone, or a map. we all know how these routes are maxed out and if you stumble any where along the way your pretty much :censored2:ed. having to be bailed out by angry coworkers after they finished there routes at 6pm and the condescending attitudes management gives you is enough to make you snap. Whats my best option here as I am rerady to tell them to shove it up their ass after 24 yrs with the company. My management team has maybe a years experience driving if that yet they are the know all guidance and the ones i have to answer too. what a joke! top that off with I.E. shoving it up your ass five days a week when if it were them having to do it they would quit after one days time trying to navigate the days they lay out for us. Im basically a new driver with 18 years seniority! WTF!
You got 18 yrs on a route and didn't know.... What?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
We had a driver bid off his route of over 20 years to do a 22.3 gig, but the 22.3 bid was in the early AM to the airport, turns out the driver was not much of a morning person and waking up at 3 was not for him, but he was stuck.

Also he had to work Saturdays which screwed up his family time, and more importantly his golf game.

Bottom line is know what you are getting into before you bid.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thats all ive been doing for the most part the last 6 months running gravy splits, bulk, misloads n what have ya since i got bumped off my route of 6 years. Got bucked a couple times in between but whatever dude. If you have your own route n been running that route for 15 years or whatever, you would think you were smart enough at the VOODOO MIND GAME to butter up that route for yourself aka SLOWING DA HELL DOWN to get your route where you want and need it to be lol. Thats how the game works homeboy, dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure that 1 out lol.
some of the shizz I see posted on here daily makes me think I don't give myself enough credit.