19 years. Can I receive any pension?

reddog68

I worked for 19 years about 15years ago and expect a nice pension. You and 0% of normal working folk.
Didn't say anything about expecting a nice pension. Just asked if I get anything from it. I put 19 years in that hell hole. 19 cold winters and 19 hot summers. Put up with coworkers like you. All I did was ask a simple question.

oldngray

nowhere special
Didn't say anything about expecting a nice pension. Just asked if I get anything from it. I put 19 years in that hell hole. 19 cold winters and 19 hot summers. Put up with coworkers like you. All I did was ask a simple question.

You should be partially vested with at least 5 years of seniority. There is a big difference between partially vested and fully vested in how much you would get. How much does depend on the local you worked in.

reddog68

I also been working for the past 15 years. I am off in the summer months and a month off during Christmas. So I am a part of the normal working people.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In my local your are fully vested after 5 years FT. I that's the case with you then yes you should be able to draw a pension.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As long as he understands that being fully vested and collecting a full (30 year) pension are not the same.
We don't have a set dollar amount for 25 year, 30 year, etc. Ours is based on the accrual rate for each year that you worked so if he waited til he was 60 he would get his "full" pension, ie, the full accrual rate for each year that he worked with no reductions.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you are vested and should receive a pension. in the Western Conference if you are disabled you can receive 85% of a full pension. also here it is 80 and out. you could wait 6 more years here in the west and collect 100% of a pension.

you could apply now and receive only 55% of your full pension.

where you are at could be completely different. find the phone number of your pension office and give them a call. find an old statement. it has a lot of info. don't write. it takes about 3 months for a reply.

you are better off calling your pension office for the right info.