1997 scab is business agent for Local 991 in Mobile, Alabama

1997 scab is business agent for Local 991 in Mobile, Alabama
PIIMXAjqlO9zy.gif

542thruNthru

This person got themselves elected so he or she must be doing something right.
Sounds like someone that was new at the time and made a stupid mistake and has since become a proud, motivated and informed union member. I could be wrong but like you said if he got elected he must have done something right.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sounds like someone that was new at the time and made a stupid mistake and has since become a proud, motivated and informed union member. I could be wrong but like you said if he got elected he must have done something right.
You don't get elected otherwise.

I bet the OP didn't expect the thread to turn like this on him?

Thebrownblob

Sounds like someone who lost the election just made an account. LOL.

Thebrownblob

No, not a member of that local. Just a REAL old school Teamsters member
Yep same here we had two people cross in 1997, one of them didn’t make it a year after the strike, and the other one quickly joined after the strike and has become a model teamster.

If you’re not a member of that local and that local voted him in, I’m gonna guess that’s their choice.

Redman

Yep same here we had two people cross in 1997, one of them didn’t make it a year after the strike, and the other one quickly joined after the strike and has become a model teamster.

If you’re not a member of that local and that local voted him in, I’m gonna guess that’s their choice.
Yes. However the pure bloodline has certainly faded away from what Teamsters really stood for. Personally I think is shameful. The newer generation has no clue...

542thruNthru

Yes. However the pure bloodline has certainly faded away from what Teamsters really stood for. Personally I think is shameful. The newer generation has no clue...
I'm sorry. I'm still confused why you started a thread about a local you don't belong to about a person you don't know.

There are many things you could have posted that could show the "fading of the teamster bloodline". Than a quick hit piece of a no body BA of a local with less than 2k members. Come on be honest. What's the real reason you started this thread?

Thebrownblob

I'm sorry. I'm still confused why you started a thread about a local you don't belong to about a person you don't know.

There are many things you could have posted that could show the "fading of the teamster bloodline". Than a quick hit piece of a no body BA of a local with less than 2k members. Come on be honest. What's the real reason you started this thread?
Exactly my thoughts you’re a long time pure blood teamster and never have posted here and your account is created today and the first thing you post is about a local you’re not a part of? It’s just kind of curious. And just so you’re aware the south has notoriously had very weak union involvement.

542thruNthru

Exactly my thoughts you’re a long time pure blood teamster and never have posted here and your account is created today and the first thing you post is about a local you’re not a part of? It’s just kind of curious. And just so you’re aware the south has notoriously had very weak union involvement.
I realized that when I met @Box Ox ;)

Redman

Exact
Exactly. I just got wind of it. And quite frankly have never heard of anything that ludicrous. Maybe the methodology of it doesn't resonate the same with all seasoned union members.