1997 The Strike!!!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
When sups work they are taking away hours from part timers, who only maybe get 4, if they didn't work maybe they could get 5, maybe even OT. In Palatine, preload they all work one point or another

They might be taking time away from p/t'ers but in my case, I'm certainly not gonna complain. Back in August, we had 1/3 of our unloaders no show, call in, WHATEVER. Our supes worked. Do you think I'm gonna grieve when THAT kind of behavior is coming from hourlies?!!? TRY AGAIN!!!! I've had this discussion with a number of posters in the past couple of months. None of them could give me a good reason to grieve. If you'd like, I'll see if I can find the posts.

I did miss the tough guy thing, explain it to me...I have lots of bro's in addison, most are 22.3's just one left in feeder....where were you in addison?

Tough guy was in reference to your offer to spar with somebody. Your offer to do so really doesn't help my perception of you OR the bad rap the Teamsters get. Something to consider. I worked Twilight's Primary at Addison. First as a sorter, then as an irreg/bulk splitter. I was almost in tears when I quit a couple years ago. Sadly, UPS couldn't hold on to me this time, either. -Rocky

Runt, lol thats funny my friend FYI I am 6'3 230 with my bf12% and yes I juice...goto afboard.com check me out there...runt not only would I crush you I could do it with one hand you punk. Like I said anytime anyplace we can spar, lets do it....everything is better when you settle it it the ring. I am guessing one of two things either your a short little man with a complex or your a fat sloppy pig...either way I don'y give a friend. what you think you have forgotten. Admit it your a supervisor...I know your kind. What local are you? I am not afraid I am Local 705. I work in Palatine, IL......YOU?

Canecorso, "You're kind" make the teamsters and all ups employees look bad. If I heard you talk to another employee like that, I would take you out of service. You wouldn't be allowed back unless your ba begged.

C

canecorso

They might be taking time away from p/t'ers but in my case, I'm certainly not gonna complain. Back in August, we had 1/3 of our unloaders no show, call in, WHATEVER. Our supes worked. Do you think I'm gonna grieve when THAT kind of behavior is coming from hourlies?!!? TRY AGAIN!!!! I've had this discussion with a number of posters in the past couple of months. None of them could give me a good reason to grieve. If you'd like, I'll see if I can find the posts.

Tough guy was in reference to your offer to spar with somebody. Your offer to do so really doesn't help my perception of you OR the bad rap the Teamsters get. Something to consider. I worked Twilight's Primary at Addison. First as a sorter, then as an irreg/bulk splitter. I was almost in tears when I quit a couple years ago. Sadly, UPS couldn't hold on to me this time, either. -Rocky

Rocky, your right to you and only you I was wrong, I am just about ready to goto the gym this morning take it out there on the weights.....
take care...

C

canecorso

Canecorso, "You're kind" make the teamsters and all ups employees look bad. If I heard you talk to another employee like that, I would take you out of service. You wouldn't be allowed back unless your ba begged.

Do you think I would say that on the clock, yea right... think again, off the clock I would make you swallow your tie. Well time to go to the gym, while im hitting the bag and benching I'll think of you, thanks supervisor...by the way the seahawks blow, go bears!!!

If the supes tried to call in drivers or others who my want the work. A grievence would not be paid anyway.

Do you think I would say that on the clock, yea right... think again, off the clock I would make you swallow your tie. Well time to go to the gym, while im hitting the bag and benching I'll think of you, thanks supervisor...by the way the seahawks blow, go bears!!!

It wouldn't matter if you were on the clock. On any UPS property you would be canned.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
If the supes tried to call in drivers or others who my want the work. A grievence would not be paid anyway.

I wouldn't have grieved in the case I described, '89. And my hub DOES pay on supervisor working grievances. They are paid 'in a timely manner,' too, or so I was told. I should probably add 'former' hub. I'm FREEEEEE!!! LOL. -Rocky

I wouldn't have grieved in the case I described, '89. And my hub DOES pay on supervisor working grievances. They are paid 'in a timely manner,' too, or so I was told. I should probably add 'former' hub. I'm FREEEEEE!!! LOL. -Rocky

That's right you escaped....:thumbup1:I hope you made it out with all your apendages and no major battle scars.:lol:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
That's right you escaped....:thumbup1:I hope you made it out with all your apendages and no major battle scars.:lol:

ROFLMAO:lol::lol:.....Yes, I did escape in one piece. I didn't even feel the least bit sad when I left, either. I don't think I have any major battle scars from being a member of the Brown Army. Time will tell....-Rocky

Leftinbuilding

Runt, lol thats funny my friend FYI I am 6'3 230 with my bf12% and yes I juice...goto afboard.com check me out there...runt not only would I crush you I could do it with one hand you punk. Like I said anytime anyplace we can spar, lets do it....everything is better when you settle it it the ring. I am guessing one of two things either your a short little man with a complex or your a fat sloppy pig...either way I don'y give a friend. what you think you have forgotten. Admit it your a supervisor...I know your kind. What local are you? I am not afraid I am Local 705. I work in Palatine, IL......YOU?

What you are is a schoolyard bully who has never grown up. You probably think loud equals leader. You can't carry on a civil conversation so you hide it with obscenities and vulgarities. Your insecurities are evident even in your writing. Inside, you are probably a quivering coward so you hide it with a tough-sounding front. You are a fraud, fearful of being exposed. You want to fight? Give me a break. Grow up. I am 56 years old, so no I won't be meeting you in the "ring". And fwiw, we are very close physically and I have been a Teamster with UPS for 34 years. Furthermore, I have absolutely no desire to "check you out" anywhere LOL. You really could use some serious couch time. Give it some consideration.

Fredless

APWA Hater
Yelling is not going to make Hoffa, Hall or this new contract (which I wouldn't give the privilage of wiping my rear with) go away.

I am already making up flyers on my own time and expense to hand out to my members. The ignorant members are the ones that will screw us.

1timepu

In 1997 we went on strike, I was still a part timer, we walked out and did our thing. Out for 21 days, we won, we won our 22.3 jobs, it's been hard pay has been wrong, different pay classifications etc... but we had the jobs, now 10 years later a NEW contract, and we got {******}, no new 22.3 jobs...give me a {******} break, less money {******} you....we are supposed negoiate for MORE NOT LESS!!!! I am sick, vote yes vote no it won't matter this will pass....hoffa sucks {******}, he gave UPS a sweethart deal, have the balls to admit it. We (705) follow national we always have, this will pass too, enjoy it friends...this is the beginning of the end, I need 10 more years, then I am gone, I will be young enough to do something else, if Im not crazy or dead from the stress. We need to hold them (HOFFA and HALL) accountable for this {******}contract....
by the way this is my opionion....:mad:

{edited by Cheryl for extremely vulgar and offensive language :mad:}

I hate Rats I also hate people who cant see the BIG picture, by the way rats we should be able to PULL YUR CARD

1timepu

I agree with you that this contract sucks!! But I am voting NO!!! If we educate the masses about all that we did not get, all that we are giving away, and all the loopholes in this contract maybe we can send them back to the table.

Remember, they said we would never go on strike and yet we did!!!
That 97 contract gave us innocent until proven guilty too!!!!
UPS said they could not afford what all we were asking for yet after the strike they ended up giving us almost every single thing we were asking for!!!!!!

UPS made $1.1 billion dollars of pure profit in 1996. Despite having to cave in to all of our demands of the 97 strike UPS is making $4 billion dollars a year in profit!

That is about a 400% increase in profit!!!!!!!!

VOTE NO!!!!!!

Number 1 if you vote no...the CS will sink, cus dont you think for one moment we turn this down UPS is going to bail them out,Nope, number 2 The Package Division which WE are apart of makes the smallest if at all profit in the company so go ahead keep pushing and DONT be surprised if they SELL this division off to their competitors. UPS is spending 6 BILLION to bail out the CS mess, and it is costing them their triple AAA credit rating! And as far as contracting goes that should have been stoped ages ago when it was first introduced, forget trying to get rid of it it wont happen unless WE GIVE up something, ???WHAT DO U SUGGEST?

WHAT DO U SUGGEST?[/quote]

Good idea, instead of all the complainig, maybe people should post some solutions. After all, how can you whine and complain if you don't have an answer?

Why Is Cs The Way It Is, How Did It Get This Bad? I Really Dont Know Anything About It Other Than Its Underfunded.
As Far As Giving Up Somthing I Agree Mabye Smaller Raises, Progression Longer, But We Should Not Let Them Have A Way To Take Jobs We Have Now. With The New Subcontracting Lanuage They Will Find Loop Holes Or Something To Not Use Feeders, Ive Only Been Fulltime 3 Years But Ive Been Here Long Enough To Figure Out That The Only Thing That Matters Is Numbers.

Braveheart

Number 1 if you vote no...the CS will sink, cus dont you think for one moment we turn this down UPS is going to bail them out,Nope, number 2 The Package Division which WE are apart of makes the smallest if at all profit in the company so go ahead keep pushing and DONT be surprised if they SELL this division off to their competitors. UPS is spending 6 BILLION to bail out the CS mess, and it is costing them their triple AAA credit rating! And as far as contracting goes that should have been stoped ages ago when it was first introduced, forget trying to get rid of it it wont happen unless WE GIVE up something, ???WHAT DO U SUGGEST?
I understand that there is give and take but this contract fails to address many issues and not only does it lengthen progressions, it weakens our rights. It opens up more loopholes for UPS to abuse us. I feel there is way too much give and not enough take. Have you read where they can take our raises and use it on the pension!

870upsguy

even if 80% vote no this contract will pass. who do you think counts the votes? and who pays them? hoffa wants upsf so bad he will sell us out to get it. i'll bet they end up with a better contract too.

filthpig

Why Is Cs The Way It Is, How Did It Get This Bad? I Really Dont Know Anything About It Other Than Its Underfunded.
As Far As Giving Up Somthing I Agree Mabye Smaller Raises, Progression Longer, But We Should Not Let Them Have A Way To Take Jobs We Have Now. With The New Subcontracting Lanuage They Will Find Loop Holes Or Something To Not Use Feeders, Ive Only Been Fulltime 3 Years But Ive Been Here Long Enough To Figure Out That The Only Thing That Matters Is Numbers.

Learn to type!!

badpas

even if 80% vote no this contract will pass. who do you think counts the votes? and who pays them? hoffa wants upsf so bad he will sell us out to get it. i'll bet they end up with a better contract too.

This appears to be the same opinion of alot of teamsters and not just upser's, but lets not forget there is another choice. If Hoffa doesn't do whats best for us and not what's best for him the only way we'll get to look out after ALL OF US is to vote them out and start a ups only union. UPSers watching out for upsers will always be the only way.