2 Weeks Notice, or Peace Out?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Hey guys, I'm a Fedex Ground package handler, and have been for two weeks. I find it asinine that they want me to load, 3 heavy load trucks in only 4 hours on my first week there. I'm seriously considering quitting, however I don't think I could handle 2 more weeks there. Should I just chunk up the deuces, or should I tough it out and finish the 2 weeks? I don't want to :censored2: over my co-workers and drivers, but I can't stand it there anymore. Also one of the trucks I load is solely by address, and no one else can load it, how bad would it mess things up?
Head over to UPS and get whooped like a dog, but that dog will have a purpose and a good job if they play their cards right.

rod

Retired 22 years
True. But you can require work history on an employment application. And if an employer calls fedex to verify employment they will only give the time frame they worked there.

All the guy has to do is tell them he was a temp and the job only lasted a couple of weeks---

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It is customary to give a two weeks' notice, if only so they can get a replacement training on those trucks that can take over when you leave.
We're talking about FedEx here. Famous for sticking the extra work on the existing staff and not filling the vacancies. Fred and MT3 might starve otherwise.

Z

ZQXC

I just dont understand people. (Yes this job may not be your life long dream) /ou take the time to fill out an application,go to and Interview, and orientation.

AND I DIDNT KNOW! I was gonna to have to friggin work?

.... I thought I would be answering the phones and eating lots of Snickers bars

Mommy, come get me

CJinx

FedEx probably lied to him about what the job entailed when he was hired.
The manager that walked them through a sort observation must have been a hell of a salesman if they managed to convince them that the job was anything other than what they saw walking around the warehouse!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpg
you stay the hell away from my mom