2 year old eaten by alligator

rod

Retired 22 years
Apparently at this resort there was only a sign that said "No swimming--steep drop-off". Nothing about alligators. It reminds me of when we were snorkeling in Hawaii and a person asked the guide "are there sharks here"? His response was "its the ocean isn't it"? If you are in Florida it shouldn't be necessary to post alligator signs.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Apparently at this resort there was only a sign that said "No swimming--steep drop-off". Nothing about alligators. It reminds me of when we were snorkeling in Hawaii and a person asked the guide "are there sharks here"? His response was "its the ocean isn't it"? If you are in Florida it shouldn't be necessary to post alligator signs.
If you're visiting from Nebraska I think you should...

oldngray

nowhere special

The sharks in Hawaii usually aren't bad if you stay inside the reefs. There will definitely be sharks close to shore but smaller and not as many.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you're visiting from Nebraska I think you should...

This isn't a little pond---its a good size lake. I'm not sticking up for Disney not posting "warning alligator" signs at this particular resort but its Florida after all. They have alligators, poisonous snakes, poisonous spiders and all kinds of creatures that can kill you. Should there be a sign every 3 feet?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
image.jpeg

Why the eff were they wading in the lake that says no swimming with a two year old???? This is the pool at the grand Floridian. Wtf? I feel bad for that family, but Wtf???

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I heard that there are signs posted everywhere, and it is not unusual to see gators on golf courses, etc. Very sad. But as someone said the toddler was found under the water, lodged.

over9five

Staff member
What a horrible way to go. Imagine the pure terror that child felt as he was dragged under the water.
I'm sure his parents will imagine that terror every day for the rest of their lives.