2008 Calender

Big Babooba

Scratch,
We have about 10-15 of those days here in Boston each summer, which is why I enjoy them. I probably wouldn't enjoy them if I had to do it everyday June through August like yourself.

On those days, you can drink a gallon of water and not go to the bathroom all day. When you do finanlly go its the color of butterscotch. This can't be good for the system. If your urine isn't clear I guess that means you are dehydrated? But in order for you urine to be clear on these days I think you would have to drink at least 3 gallons of water over the 10 hour day. I couldn't do it.
The color of your urine should be yellow. Dark brown urine can be an indication that your kidneys could be shutting down - you are not taking in enough fluids. Clear urine indicates that you are taking in too much water.

LKLND3380

That's pretty funny, I can almost imagine it too

Almost imagine it??? In our center if it is not a over 70 - It goes down the slides and belts... Tires go rolling and knock over computer monitors.. One 12" steel disc rolled and left a crater in the cement as a Supe watched. I put my toe in the new hole and said "well atleast it wasn't an over 70"...

FromBluetoBrown

Almost imagine it??? In our center if it is not a over 70 - It goes down the slides and belts... Tires go rolling and knock over computer monitors.. One 12" steel disc rolled and left a crater in the cement as a Supe watched. I put my toe in the new hole and said "well atleast it wasn't an over 70"...

I dont even want to get into a discussion on tires. One of my trucks I load is an almost all business route with a sprinkling of house calls. There is an Acura dealership and yesterday it was 27 tires, today it was 50.It was still early in the day so I loaded a few and stacked the rest out for all the sort was done I could "somehow" make room for them all. Preload sup comes down the boxline and I bet you can guess what he said. "Umm why is all this stacked out get it in the truck!" I dont even bother arguing with him anymore

kingOFchester

I got ya beat. Sometimes, several times a week, I get over 70's coming down the slide. My 2nd or third week I has a tube on the slide that was sitting on the lip as i was going to move it.....so here somes an over 70 behind it and knocks the tube into my crotch. :knockedout: Luckliy I was hanging left that day. I

December: I like this picture. Its a Package Driver walking up to the front door of a house where the snow is piled up about five feet. Of course it is night, its probably Christmas Eve. IE decided to cut out some routes, so this poor guy is out late instead of being home with his family. Reminds me of the impending doom that is Peak Season. Number 33 for me, somehow we always are able to dig ourselves out and get the job done.:proud:

Well, the calendar tells a story. It's a goofy story, but it attempts to weave all the appropriate and available services into it. That's more than you'll get from a Teamster calendar, but Teamsters are scraping the bottom of the barrel regarding "services" lately.

But yes, December - I like that picture too. It's obviously a supervisor because I can see the keys in his hand.

Drivers (Teamsters) here haven't quite mastered the concept of bulkhead door closed and vehicle OFF while unattended. It's funny because the USPS and FDX (Ground, Home Delivery, Express), and DHL seem to have it down pat. They actually LOCK their vehicle when unattended.

Even California Overnight can get it right. UPS still has issues. I wonder why.

I attribute it to chromosomal damage due to decades of Teamster inbreeding that prevents them from mastering new concepts. But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part and it's due to stupidity.

Other issue is the "somehow we always are able to dig ourselves out and get the job done" line. Nope.

Sorry. If it wasn't for managers and supervisors (and their spouses and kids and siblings and parents and grandkids) out delivering "your" packages on Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day, the shipping public would truly know what a bunch of slugs you are.

Every year for the last 35+ we've bailed your butts out and you would know that by now if you've been around as long as you claim.

pkgdriver

Drivers (Teamsters) here haven't quite mastered the concept of bulkhead door closed and vehicle OFF while unattended. It's funny because the USPS and FDX (Ground, Home Delivery, Express), and DHL seem to have it down pat. They actually LOCK their vehicle when unattended.

LMAO...2 FDX ground trucks stolen in this area in the last 3 yrs. 1 FDX ground backed over a pedestrian(fatality) after he nosed into a stop. Worst Driving Methods by far, even DHL seems to have a better grasp for safe driving. USPS does a great job securing the vehicle FDX also. Home seems to do ok(not enough info) and DHL is well DHL.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well, the calendar tells a story. It's a goofy story, but it attempts to weave all the appropriate and available services into it. That's more than you'll get from a Teamster calendar, but Teamsters are scraping the bottom of the barrel regarding "services" lately.

But yes, December - I like that picture too. It's obviously a supervisor because I can see the keys in his hand.

Ummm, sorry to burst your bubble jack but fedex ground is notorious for leaving vehicles running and bulkhead doors open ALL THE TIME. The dhl monkeys running around in their enterprise rent a van leave their engines going for many minutes, while inside a customers business, Ive never seen a ups driver do that. seriously, your tweaking on this one!

Coldworld

60 months and counting

LMAO...2 FDX ground trucks stolen in this area in the last 3 yrs. 1 FDX ground backed over a pedestrian(fatality) after he nosed into a stop. Worst Driving Methods by far, even DHL seems to have a better grasp for safe driving. USPS does a great job securing the vehicle FDX also. Home seems to do ok(not enough info) and DHL is well DHL.

Dont get me started on these tweekers. They all nose in, ive seen them do it in a normal car parking spot. These guys have been around for almost 10 years with fedex, and they havent really shaped up very well. my favorite was in the summer about 2 years ago, there was a fedex ground guy with no shirt on with a cig hanging out of his mouth running around the countryside....great rep for the fedex family of companies. total white trash rocker type, all he needed was a mullet and he would be mr rock and roll.

FromBluetoBrown

Sorry. If it wasn't for managers and supervisors (and their spouses and kids and siblings and parents and grandkids) out delivering "your" packages on Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day, the shipping public would truly know what a bunch of slugs you are.

Every year for the last 35+ we've bailed your butts out and you would know that by now if you've been around as long as you claim.

Supervisors and managers and their grandkids doing WHAT on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

Of course it's a supervisor, just stealing more hourly work. Over dispatched drivers, and supes out delivering but we don't need any more ft drivers.

Just goes to show you that UPS has total disregard for family including their own, at least we get paid to deliver. Their family probably got an extra turkey and a piece of the first UPS plane.:laugh::laugh:

tieguy

Banned

I attribute it to chromosomal damage due to decades of Teamster inbreeding that prevents them from mastering new concepts. But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part and it's due to stupidity.

Other issue is the "somehow we always are able to dig ourselves out and get the job done" line. Nope.

uh oh. reminds me of a few morning pcms I had when I drove. :sick:

rushfan

At least I won't be around to hand out the lame calendars. I'll let the new guy absorb the "this calendar is so stupid" from the customers.

#1angelfan

you need to go away, far away. you sound like an idiot. how do you know about management working unless you are one of them , and if you are i hope a bunch of grievences were and are filled against you for working. drivers during peak are always way over dispatched, so you need to go back to your cushioned chair and do your own job.

LKLND3380

Nice. That made me spit out my beer.

That is because you like anyone else who has worked for UPS can visualize it happening. :knockedout:

The suits in ATL who are clueless would say "I can't even imagine that ever happening..."

We should do a UPS Employee Calender spotlighting the realities of working for Brown... Blown out package cars with another cars worth stacked out... Feeders with Mon-A-Vie, Xango, and Noni leaking all over... Maybe some cases of motor oil with loose caps leaking...:biting: