2010 Halloween Images & Stories

DS

Fenderbender
I found this on ghosthauntings.org very creepy

psychhospcanada.jpg

The area contains a couple of large hospital buildings, a powerhouse, and 16 cabin type buildings which were used as homes for the patients to give it a more friendly atmosphere. At night however, the friendliness is lost and the place becomes downright creepy. On this night we were exploring many of the buildings but this picture come from cabin #12. There were no smokers present and the camera was working properly. When the picture was snapped there was a very putrid smell that overcame all of us and was not present 10 minutes earlier when we had entered the cabin. In the picture there is some visible mist/ectoplasm.

What makes the picture even weirder is that in the window you can see a light on in a building across the way. This is absolutely impossible as there hasn't been power running through the hospital buildings in over 25 years. I tried to logically figure this one out but there is no plausible explanation for it. We thoroughly explored the area for a good 5 hours and did not come across one lit room in any of the buildings.

-- Kevin Copping

moreluck

golden ticket member
That reminds me of a Halloween Party I went to a long time ago. A friend of mine went as Peter Pan, he tied an aluminum pie plate to his belt buckle.:surprised:
OK, I thought and I thought and then it hit me......that's funny, but I bet he had to explain it all night!!

dillweed

The Moving Cemetary​

At the time of this story (19th century), Britain was in the middle of its 300 year reign on Ireland. The Irish language and religion (Catholicism) were Outlawed. However, many still practiced Irish customs In secret, although anyone caught doing this would be Dealt with harshly.

There was an English captain named Captain Fox based Locally who was notoriously violent. One day, he Heard from a source that a secret mass was taking Place in the old Catholic Church nearby. He raced off On horseback to investigate. He arrived at the church In question and upon discovering that the rumor was, Indeed, true, he was overcome with rage. As the priest Served communion, Fox ran up to the altar and cut both Of the priest's hands off and then beheaded him. He Also injured many members of the congregation. Still furious, he got back on his horse and rode away At great speed to inform his fellow soldiers. On his Way he had to go down an extremely steep hill. However, his horse could not handle the gradient at The speed he was traveling and he slipped, sending Fox to his death as he hurtled down to the bridge at The end of the hill.

The army swiftly dealt with his burial, as they did not want the story of Fox's actions to spread. So, he was laid to rest in a nearby Catholic cemetery. Or so they thought...

Before sunrise, the next morning, a local farming family were at the breakfast table, when they heard the eldest son shouts out to them from the front door. They rushed to him and he told them that on his way back from the fields he saw something he could not explain. He pointed towards the river and to their amazement, they saw a collection of headstones floating in the air above the river. They could not believe their eyes. They remained transfixed as the headstones kept traveling down the valley. All of a sudden, a single headstone dropped out of the sky into the woods. The remaining headstones traveled up the hill and settled next to the church where the massacre had taken place.

Today, the bridge where the captain met his death is named 'Fox's Bridge'. The cemetery still rests at the same place, while a single unmarked headstone lies in what is left of those woods...

over9five

Staff member
The Witches Brew Margarita. Now being served at your local 99.
(Glow stick included, about $6.75)

PS. Wifey says it's delicious!

dillweed

The Skeleton at the Feast Poem by EH Visiak

Dance in the wind, poor skeleton!
You that was my dear one,
You they hanged for stealing sheep.
Dance and dangle, laugh and leap!
Tomorrow night at Squire's ball,
I am to serve a sheep in hall:
My Lady's wedding, Lord love her!
Wait until they lift the cover!

bbsam

Staff member
I just composed a little piece that I almost posted. I creeped me out so much that I deleted it. I could actually feel Edgar Allen Poe in the room. Do you know why it creeped me out so much? Had I read that post, I'd have attemped to contact local law enforcement to check out the hous of the OP. Yeah. That bad.

dillweed

he, he 'tis the season for being creeped out. Thrills, chills and goosebumps. Those things that play with the mind are the very best. Happy Halloween to all.

moreluck

golden ticket member
WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR CARVED PUMPKIN AFTER HALLOWEEN...

DO:

1. Put it in the compost heap - it will make good fertilizer.

2. Bury it in the garden - it will decay quickly and enrich the soil.

3. Wash, dry and save the seeds to plant next year (they will grow!).

4. Wash and roast the seeds - they make good eating.

5. Dump it in the trash, if you don't have a garden.

DON'T:

1. Use it as a door stop.

2. Keep it indoors: it will rot and stain the floor.

3. Put it in the attic for next Halloween.

4. Attempt to eat it or cook with it.

5. Use it in cold fusion experiments (pumpkinfusion has been disproven).