2012 end of days?

SWORDFISH

That 2012 movie idea is thousands of years old. Anyone ever hear of NOAH? The earth will never flood again it will be fire next not water. Its funny that people also forget the end of the world is absolutely unpredictable. Nice try Mr. Nostradomus that they try to make out to be sometime of know it all.

brett636

People have been trying to predict the end of the world for centuries, and the one thing they always have in common is they all have been wrong. The "end of days", so to speak, is something I imagine the human race will one day have to face. Whether it be from our own doing, or an unknown force like a cosmic event which will wipe out all life on this planet. Will that day be December 21, 21012? I highly doubt it, but when that day comes and goes the end of day conspiracies will move onto another date well off into the future, and the cycle will begin all over again. I admit its fun to read about, but to take this kind of talk seriously is wasted time and effort. If the world does end on that specific day there is nothing you or I can do about it so we might as well go about our lives as normal and hope for the best. Thats my .02

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If the world is going to end why the hell I am working so hard to pay my bills off?
im working hard to Upstate, almost there. So that is why the closer it gets the more I think of quitting. I mean.....................just my luck Im out of debt and now Im dead.
I am going to point my husband to this thread for Nova, and the string thing, just too much for my non scientific mind. He can read it all then tell me. All I know is a million myans cant be wrong. Or can they?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

im working hard to Upstate, almost there. So that is why the closer it gets the more I think of quitting. I mean.....................just my luck Im out of debt and now Im dead.
I am going to point my husband to this thread for Nova, and the string thing, just too much for my non scientific mind. He can read it all then tell me. All I know is a million myans cant be wrong. Or can they?

Keep paying your bills--we're not going anywhere.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't believe in 'the end of days'. I think it's just Al Gore sitting in a closet and poking pins in a globe.....voo-doo like. When he gets into a good "Al-Gore-Rythem", you'll see earthquakes happening in succession along a defined line.
does every topic here cause some to vomit political bile?

P

pickup

I don't know how string theory got introduced into all of this. Someone put up a post about string theory but failed to relate it (in my opinion) to the topic of 2012.

P

pickup

That 2012 movie idea is thousands of years old. Anyone ever hear of NOAH? The earth will never flood again it will be fire next not water. Its funny that people also forget the end of the world is absolutely unpredictable. Nice try Mr. Nostradomus that they try to make out to be sometime of know it all.

Here's a website by people who have heard of Noah and who have probably read the bible a bit more than most folk. http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html This page is affiliated with family radio which I believe is run by Harold Camping who once predicted that the world was going to end in the 90s. Now they are shooting for some day in May as judgement day and some day in October as the end of the world. Oh, Harold........ .