2020 MIP

DaveA

Heard the announcement got pushed back 1 week. Wont be till feb 8th now. Intersting.... anyone have any insight why?

Saw that too. Hopefully not a bad thing but who knows...

I think the earnings report tomorrow should shed some light on things. If fourth quarter wasn't as good as expected, maybe MIP takes a hit. Someone told me that UPS made more in the first three quarters of 2022 than it did in ALL of 2021. If so, I don't see how it can't be a minimum of the same as last year. If not higher. I'm hoping higher and that the committee is arguing about giving such a high MIP. One can dream!

dolphin11

Heard the announcement got pushed back 1 week. Wont be till feb 8th now. Intersting.... anyone have any insight why?
Seems unusual and don’t remember the date being moved back before. I believe they have announced it early but pushing it back is curious to say the least

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I think the earnings report tomorrow should shed some light on things. If fourth quarter wasn't as good as expected, maybe MIP takes a hit. Someone told me that UPS made more in the first three quarters of 2022 than it did in ALL of 2021. If so, I don't see how it can't be a minimum of the same as last year. If not higher. I'm hoping higher and that the committee is arguing about giving such a high MIP. One can dream!

They usually take a hit with their pension contributions, with the Central States bail out and the interest from investments in 2021 I expect glowing results.

Remember also that the UPS Retirement Plan will quit contributing any vesting and monetary contributions at the end of this year.

I expect that the MIP will be next to go similar to your pensions. Watch out for increasing healthcare co-pays, I have personally seen an major increase in my own long term healthcare premiums.

johnbuck

Seems unusual and don’t remember the date being moved back before. I believe they have announced it early but pushing it back is curious to say the least
Makes me neverous its going be less than expected... there are some crazy :censored2:s in this world and im sure some of them work at UPS. i remember hearing them having inceased security at 55 glenlake when MIP was announced at 40%... makes me wonder if they need extra time to plan something like that

Fenris

Don't necessarily know the whys behind it but the announcement is now going to be made at the leadership conference on the morning of the 8th and a coffee chat with Carol and Brian will be posted in the afternoon on UPSers to go over the MIP. Could be taken as a sign whichever way you choose to spin it.

Rubber Puckies

Financial results just announced. Sure seems like the company made a load of money. Hoping that pushing back the announcement may be a good thing.

CHEMA-DELMA

For years the above is a true statement, the first 3 quarters were more profitable than peak season. Company spends so much to prepare for peak, the planning process takes pretty much the entire year. I hope you get a good number.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Disagree on both fronts, brother. We are all in this together. There are more important things to stress over in life. Live it like its your only one.
Funny- management certainly does not act like we are "in this together". Hourlies are pieces of dog doo until it's time to ask for United Way contributions.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

"Hey Sean"...take a look at this, the possibilities are endless...