22.3/Combo Problem....First Half Write Up

Bolshevik

In the SoCal Region, been at UPS for 15+ years, 2 as a 22.3 combo.

Had always heard that 'only your home center can write you up for attendance' and indeed, I had never seen a combo get a first half write up.....until now.

I was written up (just a 'talk to') for missing first half BUT coming into 2nd half, which first half claimed was a 'tardy.' MY home center supervisors (both FT & PT) werent even aware of it and laughed at me. The Shop Steward that was present basically said nothing and afterward the BA i called told me to file a grievance on it.

So im confused.

Can anyone elaborate?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Why weren’t you there for the first half of your day?
Even though I agree with you.

giphy (10).gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In the SoCal Region, been at UPS for 15+ years, 2 as a 22.3 combo.

Had always heard that 'only your home center can write you up for attendance' and indeed, I had never seen a combo get a first half write up.....until now.

I was written up (just a 'talk to') for missing first half BUT coming into 2nd half, which first half claimed was a 'tardy.' MY home center supervisors (both FT & PT) werent even aware of it and laughed at me. The Shop Steward that was present basically said nothing and afterward the BA i called told me to file a grievance on it.

So im confused.

Can anyone elaborate?

What you heard is not contractual.

Any management person can write you up for anything, at any time.

And, you have a right to file a grievance.... at anytime for anything.

Listen to your BA.

22.34life

I have been combo for 17 years and I can tell u we have such a unique set of circumstances in these jobs but have no separate language to refer to.so most of everything pertaining to us is gonna be b.a and labor manager agreements.i can tell u in the south only ur home sort has ur employee records so ur second sort cant even veiw ur attendance.curious why u would grieve a verbal though not much to grieve.

Bolshevik

What you heard is not contractual.

Any management person can write you up for anything, at any time.

And, you have a right to file a grievance.... at anytime for anything.

Listen to your BA.
I have been combo for 17 years and I can tell u we have such a unique set of circumstances in these jobs but have no separate language to refer to.so most of everything pertaining to us is gonna be b.a and labor manager agreements.i can tell u in the south only ur home sort has ur employee records so ur second sort cant even veiw ur attendance.curious why u would grieve a verbal though not much to grieve.

Doesnt progression START with the verbal warning, thus next step is 1,3,5 day suspension. Why let them get the ball rolling?

22.34life

In the south and once again there is no language saying this but the practice is dont work first half cant work second half.its not always enforced though.

22.34life

Doesnt progression START with the verbal warning, thus next step is 1,3,5 day suspension. Why let them get the ball rolling?
hey follow ur ba instructions just dont understand what u would grieve,do yall grieve warning letters in ur supplement,we protest warning letters and grieve everything else.

Bolshevik

In the south and once again there is no language saying this but the practice is dont work first half cant work second half.its not always enforced though.

So in your region, if you miss home center, you cant work the other half?

Here, from observation, since our home center is the 2nd half, most miss 1st but come to 2nd