22.3 combos working 1 shift.

BobJ

What is the policy for combos showing up for only 4hrs?

We've had 22.3 who go home for lunch and never come back. Also some who come in late, missing their first shift. Basically, calling in sick for 1 shift but able to work the other.

A combo here always skips Night sort on Friday (early weekend) and Twilight sort on Monday (extended weekend). So 72hrs off.

I'm just asking if they can get written up. How is a half/sick day coded? Can you get a NCNS if you worked that day?

brett636

I was combo from 2006-2010 and we had a few combo guys who would pull these kinds of stunts. Unfortunately its up to management to make them stay for their full job and in too many cases they just don't care. There was one point when management started to care and forced everyone to stay for atleast eight hours, but it eventually goes back to the way things were. If someone doesn't want to work full time hours why take the full time job?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I was combo from 2006-2010 and we had a few combo guys who would pull these kinds of stunts. Unfortunately its up to management to make them stay for their full job and in too many cases they just don't care. There was one point when management started to care and forced everyone to stay for atleast eight hours, but it eventually goes back to the way things were. If someone doesn't want to work full time hours why take the full time job?
Seniority

PT Car Washer

PT job with FT benefits. They usually won't have enough hours at the end of the year for the pension requirement.

Karma...

the teamsters are on the hook for those pt job with ft benefits......I am surprised that the ft teamsters allow that seeing that they are paying for it....it all reduces the benefits for the ft teamsters over time...

HubSnakeWrangler

I've been on disability this summer but the past few years/summers my 2nd shift FT supervisor has told the top 10 seniority combos in my work area they can circle out at lunch unless he or a pt supe texts them that they need to stay. Mostly on Fridays is when they say to come in until they get staffing settled then start cutting. Its a common thing hub wide where I'm at.

What is the policy for combos showing up for only 4hrs?

We've had 22.3 who go home for lunch and never come back. Also some who come in late, missing their first shift. Basically, calling in sick for 1 shift but able to work the other.

A combo here always skips Night sort on Friday (early weekend) and Twilight sort on Monday (extended weekend). So 72hrs off.

I'm just asking if they can get written up. How is a half/sick day coded? Can you get a NCNS if you worked that day?
Myofb

brett636

This is what gets people angry.

Some PTer's who want the hours gets a FT position taken away by someone who doesn't want to work.
Trust me I know as I was one of those part timers, but unfortunately there is nothing that can be done.

Johney

the teamsters are on the hook for those pt job with ft benefits......I am surprised that the ft teamsters allow that seeing that they are paying for it....it all reduces the benefits for the ft teamsters over time...
What exactly are they paying for?

Karma...

the inequality of pt work for ft benefits...the ft people pay for the pt benefits....ft pay more into it due to the disportionate of dollars benefit paid per hour worked. its a pyramid effect.

HubSnakeWrangler

the inequality of pt work for ft benefits...the ft people pay for the pt benefits....ft pay more into it due to the disportionate of dollars benefit paid per hour worked. its a pyramid effect
I think that's area/pension specific. We all get the same towards health benefits I think??(wr177 vs team care idk). In west we get contributions per hour UP TO 2080 hrs towards pension. Of course, less hours you work the less you get towards pension or credit towards a PEER 80 year. FT and PT pensions are separate. In my understanding one does not supplement the other. I'm within 6yrs of retiring so I really should know more than I do. 😳

Thebrownblob

the inequality of pt work for ft benefits...the ft people pay for the pt benefits....ft pay more into it due to the disportionate of dollars benefit paid per hour worked. its a pyramid effect.
1693356518684.gif

HubSnakeWrangler

You understand it poorly. They are the same plan, you just have to hit 84 instead of 80 for PT.
Like I said I do need to know more about my retirement seeing as how close I am to it. I do get 2 different statements each quarter for my pension contributions/balance though. One from Pacific Coast Trust for my pt years and one from WCT pension for my full time years. I've only heard of PEER 80 for ft retirement. PEER 84?? is a term I've not heard before. Thanks for the info.

Like I said I do need to know more about my retirement seeing as how close I am to it. I do get 2 different statements each quarter for my pension contributions/balance though. One from Pacific Coast Trust for my pt years and one from WCT pension for my full time years. I've only heard of PEER 80 for ft retirement. PEER 84?? is a term I've not heard before. Thanks for the info.
Pacific Coast Trust is a side deal for PTers only. Your pension statement is from WCT.

HubSnakeWrangler

Pacific Coast Trust is a side deal for PTers only. Your pension statement is from WCT.
Idk we may have different understandings of the pt pension. I was vested in the PCT before I went FT. I get two different statements. PCT or Northwest Administrators (after going through my records) stays the same with no further contributions. The statement from WCT pension grows every year.
idk008.gif