22.3/Combo Problem....First Half Write Up

RolloTony Brown Town

They got me for 10 tardys; EG missed first half came to home center = 1 tardy. I hardly take advantage of it, unlike others. Feels like discrimination IMO

Feels like discrimination? No offense but that sounds ridiculous.

You signed a bid sheet that had both of these jobs. It’s your responsibility to be there everyday for both shifts, not showing up at your own discretion.

If you’ve done it 10 times then you’ve more than taken advantage already.

RolloTony Brown Town

You signed a bid sheet that had both of these jobs. It’s your responsibility to be there everyday for both shifts, not showing up at your own discretion.

I want to clarify...

If they’re singling you out and allowing others to do this then that’s an issue. Everyone needs to be held to the same standards, but at the end of the day what you’re doing is wrong. Show up for both shifts. It’s the job you signed up for.

Bolshevik

Holding one employee to one standard, but NOT another is DISCRIMINATION buddy especially when its done at the whim of the mgt team

Bolshevik

I want to clarify...

If they’re singling you out and allowing others to do this then that’s an issue. Everyone needs to be held to the same standards, but at the end of the day what you’re doing is wrong. Show up for both shifts. It’s the job you signed up for.

Also, what about mgt team telling other employees about my disciplinary actions, and telling them what was said in SUPPOSED closed door settings between I and the Company?

Not harassment?

22.34life

My advice is dont try and push the contractual limits of these jobs and just be reasonable with people and u wont have any problems.there is a lot of flexibility with a combo if u act right but if not ......

Bolshevik

My advice is dont try and push the contractual limits of these jobs and just be reasonable with people and u wont have any problems.there is a lot of flexibility with a combo if u act right but if not ......

Totally agree 100%.

Im not the 'worse' one of the lot but they decided to make an example of me, apparently.

Boston25

Also, what about mgt team telling other employees about my disciplinary actions, and telling them what was said in SUPPOSED closed door settings between I and the Company?

Not harassment?

Everyone looks at harassment differently especially management. For supervisors to be talking about what went on in your meeting behind closed doors shouldn't be happening.

derrick

i'm a combo and my home hub is the first half. me and my second manager got into it one time. when he tried to send me him for not working fast enough while he was breaking jams and working. so I told him I want my 8 hours. he got mad and I requested a shop steward he refused to get one and there wasn't one on duty. next day I got a shop steward and I handed in a grievance with 6 managers working 5 hours each manager and another grievance for harassment. I said how about the 8 hour grantee. I got my 8 hours and he hasn't messed with me since.

542thruNthru

You text a PT supervisor when you're not coming to work?

When did that become acceptable?

When UPS started being cheap and understaffing the office and (or) deciding not to pick up the phone.

Plus like I've argued with my center manager a few time the contract is clear.
sketch-1555633178883.png

It doesn't say how I notify you. You don't want to pick up the phone. Fine, here's a TXT with a time stamp confirming I notified you. :)

I know the older generation doesn't like it but if UPS wants to play games. That's cool I can play games too. ;)